Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #71
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakossi
At my initial visit back in Jan with my CMN, after I declined a flu shot, she gave me a "heads up" that they now recommend the TDaP at 28 weeks, even if you're current. I'm not anti-vax but that seems a bit excessive to me.
I agree! That seems a bit much. I'm going to ask about it at my next appt.

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #72
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Summer 2014 Due Date Chat (June, July, August!)

It definitely could be a virus. I don't think so... Or maybe its a virus AND I had a bit of a reaction to the vaccine.

ODD was up puking at 2a & every 30 minutes until around 8a. Now she is running around with her sister like it never happened. She does do this every couple of months. She'll be sick as a dog overnight and be back to herself again after she gets some rest.
Most of the time she gets "sick" and no one else does. I am not sure if her being sick and me being sick is related. I've felt like doo for over 24 hours and she only felt sick for around 6 hours.
DH said his gut was bothering him, but he also ate a TON of fast food last night. We have a local burger place that he hasn't had since we left 3 years ago so he got a L fry, a huge bacon cheeseburger and a L marshmallow/PB shake. lol

ETA: ODD threw up again right after I posted my OP. Luckily we had a ziploc container nearby. I didn't even know what was going on until she started whimpering. I sat up and looked around my blanket and she had already thrown up. Poor girl.

Last edited by Hum Bums; 04-02-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #73
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am up almost 40 lbs, and definitely feel every single pound.
elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #74
Hum Bums
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote about Gastroenteritis...

"In general, the symptoms begin 1 to 2 days following infection with a virus that causes gastroenteritis and may last for 1 to 10 days, depending on which virus causes the illness."

I sure hope it doesn't last 10 days!
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #75
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

I got a Tdap in 2011 but I'm still getting the 28-week booster, too. It's not to protect the mom (if she's already current). It's to make sure the baby gets the antibodies. Babies die of whooping cough pretty frequently and I don't want mine to be one of them.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #76
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums
Quote about Gastroenteritis... "In general, the symptoms begin 1 to 2 days following infection with a virus that causes gastroenteritis and may last for 1 to 10 days, depending on which virus causes the illness." I sure hope it doesn't last 10 days!
Oh I hope not too!!! You guys have the worst luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMuffin
I got a Tdap in 2011 but I'm still getting the 28-week booster, too. It's not to protect the mom (if she's already current). It's to make sure the baby gets the antibodies. Babies die of whooping cough pretty frequently and I don't want mine to be one of them.
Oh I didn't think of that really I always assumed the mother passes on a lot of antibodies to the baby through breastmilk anyway. I don't know though. Good point though. That would be so scary! Especially with flu season being not long after our babies are born.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #77
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I really need to get looking at names. And sewing diapers, or ya know anything for this pregnancy I'm such a slacker and this pregnancy is going by way too fast I may be a weirdo but I LOVE being pregnant
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #78
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually enjoy being pregnant as well although I had horrible morning sickness this time during the first tri and did not enjoy that! But for some reason I feel like this pregnancy is going by soo slow... It may be because I am a sahm this time whereas my last pregnancy I was finishing my degree, working, and interning 7 days a week for the first two trimesters then working full time until I went into labor, it seemed to go by so fast and I felt like I didn't really get to enjoy it so I was so excited this time but now I just want to meet my baby already and still have three months, on a good note I do feel like I need those last few months to get everything ready because we are not ready!
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #79
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcolleran
I actually enjoy being pregnant as well although I had horrible morning sickness this time during the first tri and did not enjoy that! But for some reason I feel like this pregnancy is going by soo slow... It may be because I am a sahm this time whereas my last pregnancy I was finishing my degree, working, and interning 7 days a week for the first two trimesters then working full time until I went into labor, it seemed to go by so fast and I felt like I didn't really get to enjoy it so I was so excited this time but now I just want to meet my baby already and still have three months, on a good note I do feel like I need those last few months to get everything ready because we are not ready!
Well part of it is that I didn't find out I was pregnant until like 14 weeks : giggle: I had switched birth control and apparently it wasn't a good fit. I wanted more so although we were quite surprised and I very happy. I don't get any morning sickness and my cycles are not even close to regular on birth control so I didn't think much of it. Looking back the serious exhaustion should have tipped me off but I am a SAHM/WAHM of 3 young kids and we were going into the dreary months and shorter days so I attributed it to that....until I was laying in bed one night and I could feel my uterus! I was like, well that's not normal
Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #80
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What an awesome surprise! I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea with my first but boy did I get it with this one, lol.
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote