Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #1121
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Oh- one question I just thought of... are BSRB, SBish, GMs all bamboo fitteds? are they all super soft? The one thing I am leary about is that they look heavy/bulky even dry. The FB are very fluffy, but are super lightweight with the mf and small hemp liner I use.

My mom just started knitting. She has only ventured square things (dishcloths, hot pads, scarf). She is taking it slow and doesn't consider herself very creative, so I don't want to scare her off yet, but my secret hope is for her to branch out and make some wool shorts for T!!!! That would be SO COOL! I could be cool just like all the woolies on here

Knitters: How would you rate difficulty in making shorts compared to dishcloths? I'd like to know how long to let Mom go before I spring it on her...

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #1122
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Oh- one question I just thought of... are BSRB, SBish, GMs all bamboo fitteds? are they all super soft? The one thing I am leary about is that they look heavy/bulky even dry. The FB are very fluffy, but are super lightweight with the mf and small hemp liner I use.

My mom just started knitting. She has only ventured square things (dishcloths, hot pads, scarf). She is taking it slow and doesn't consider herself very creative, so I don't want to scare her off yet, but my secret hope is for her to branch out and make some wool shorts for T!!!! That would be SO COOL! I could be cool just like all the woolies on here

Knitters: How would you rate difficulty in making shorts compared to dishcloths? I'd like to know how long to let Mom go before I spring it on her...
The BSRB (and a few SBish dipes) are pinnable bamboo fitteds, and I believe the GM's are either cotton or bamboo velour (CV or BV).

And I'm no expert, I'm just starting, but things like dishcloths and scarves are very basic. You can do those things with only one or two kinds of stitches. IDK what a longie pattern looks like, but I think it involves different kinds of needles (circular), and things like increases and decreases that are more complicated. I know for me, it'll probably be a looooooong time before I'll knit a wearable pair of longies.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #1123
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Summer- Keaton and I could do April 18th in the afternoon... YEAH MN meet up version 2.0!

and I am so excited- the private consult we had set up for March 2nd w the author of Sleepless in America and Raising Your Spirited Child - has been bumped up to TOMORROW! weee! I am so hoping she has answers and ideas! (a friend was joking that Keaton will be the subject of her 4th book. And that she will offer to pay us in order to leave! )
Old 02-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #1124
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisafiin View Post
Summer- Keaton and I could do April 18th in the afternoon... YEAH MN meet up version 2.0!

and I am so excited- the private consult we had set up for March 2nd w the author of Sleepless in America and Raising Your Spirited Child - has been bumped up to TOMORROW! weee! I am so hoping she has answers and ideas! (a friend was joking that Keaton will be the subject of her 4th book. And that she will offer to pay us in order to leave! )
Mary Kurcinka? Wow....I so loved Raising Your Spirited Child. It helped me tremendously with Garrett, and continues to (that and Unconditional Parenting are like my parenting manuals) on a daily basis. Will definitely be stalking this thread to see how that goes. Lucky you, Nisa!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #1125
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

<ugh, can I ever figure out how to do quotes.....>

Last edited by NancyB; 02-15-2010 at 10:47 PM.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #1126
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisafiin View Post
and I am so excited- the private consult we had set up for March 2nd w the author of Sleepless in America and Raising Your Spirited Child - has been bumped up to TOMORROW! weee!
Not a moment too soon GL and have fun!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #1127
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

good luck, Nisa! I hope it works out for you and Keaton!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #1128
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Summer, If you have any more kids, will you follow the same naming scheme:

Boy- starts with K
Girl- starts with S

Cute! Like they are just mini of you !!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #1129
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just got done with bedtime prayers. Alyssa asked where heaven is and I said I didn't know, but it didn't really matter since God knows how to find us. Then matter of factly she said "We need to drive there! We need to get a map!"
Old 02-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #1130
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Summer, If you have any more kids, will you follow the same naming scheme:

Boy- starts with K
Girl- starts with S

Cute! Like they are just mini of you !!
yes, we will. The boys are all KPR and the girls are SMR. I already have several girls names picked out but haven't spent much time looking into more k names. i knew in my heart Sofiya was a girl, so I never even bothered looking for a just in case boys name.