Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #1201
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

For me everything we had planned has happened. I feel completely opposite of everyone though. We had a repeat c-section, which I knew would happen. I couldn't make milk so we ff (it was the same with B with bf'ing and she had a horrible milk allergy so she screamed 23 hours a day for the first 3 weeks). For solid foods we waited until 5 months, by that time she was grabbing at everything so we decided to let her try. She is a food lover and her chubby thighs show it

Madelyn is the happiest baby I believe I have ever met in my life. She's so easy going and that is what I really wanted . B is the complete opposite and I was honestly terrified of having a lot of the same issues with M, which isn't the case so I love that. We co-slept at first, until about 8-10 weeks. Then she liked having space to herself so she slept in our room in her crib. By 4 months she was sleeping through the night (again, she's the total opposite of B who co-slept until 15 months and didn't sleep through the night until she was 15 months!) so we moved her into B's room earlier than we expected.

Some new ones of Miss Madelyn.

Advertisement

~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #1202
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

it is so fun reading the different responses to how we are doing one year later.

I was reading Sherry's response about Madelyn (which btw was my second choice for Sofiya's middle name and will most likely be the middle name of any future daughter I have. ) being the happiest baby and I think the same thing about Sofiya. My two year old is famous for being so serious and only smiling for his mama, but Sofiya smiles at everyone and everything. It is so refreshing to see her smile every morning.

I never mentioned babywearing, still loving it, and of course the weight is something I do wish I had worked on more. My appetite with Sofiya was bigger than with the boys and it continued right on with nursing. I can tell now that we are done to two nursings that my cravings and appetite are decreasing and it is refreshing!

Another thing that is different for me was that I belonged in the "This is my last baby" club and I am def going to have one more in a few years. Sofiya's birth was the most amazing experience of my life, despite the difficult pregnancy and the nicu stay. I felt amazing during and after the delivery. I want to do it again, I want to hold a tiny newborn and cd again, but not for a couple of years.

It is amazing how complete Sofiya makes my life feel. I love my boys with all my heart, but our family feels complete and whole now that she is here.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #1203
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

love seeing the updated photos btw!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 AM   #1204
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

these posts are making me SOB!!

I am so over the heals in love with my little man. i LOVE my girls-i do, they are my everything. but there is something so special about the bond between meason and i. i am smitten.
our first year has been soooooo hustle and bustle. we moved into a new house-just last week moved back out to have it remodeled. and meason has done so well through it. i just love him.
we have been exclusively breastfeeding for almost 11 months. though his feeding issues scare me-but we will get it worked out. i love our nursing times. i love watching him fall asleep nursing-or gazing up into my eyes. I love it.
I love watching my girls as big sisters to him-they love him. they are so gentle and kind with him...
We wrap exclusively and i love it, i was looking forward to wrapping my little guy my whole pregnancy, i would think about it constantly, i love wrapping-and so does meason

im ready for another baby...
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #1205
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I too love the interaction between siblings. I was more in love with the sibling bond between my first two, but the way my two year old interacts with Sofiya is so fun to watch.

Jenifer, do you and your husband plan to have a larger family or are you just going with it till it feels right. (If you don't mind me asking )
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #1206
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great idea Summer!

here are my thoughts- now that we're closing in on a year...

planned to have an intervention free homebirth- and did! did not plan on it being Sooooooo long (41 hours) or pushing so hard for so long (6 hrs)...holy cats! But I had an amazing team of people around me, and my sweet boy was born at home, drug free like I wanted.

I really didn't want to do a pacifier, but he was and is a sucky baby! after three days of him either on the boobs or w my finger in his mouth- we caved. And I'm ok with it now. He only has it at nap and night.

I also didn't want to have any "containers" like swing, bouncy seat, etc. But again- after a couple days of holding him ALL THE TIME- I realized one or two might be helpful- especially for things like going pee and taking a shower! I think I've just seen them "abused" so many times- but I realized we could own a couple and not abuse them...not just leave him in there for hours, you know?

I planned on the first three months being a little nutty- I've seen it in my years of nannying- that the first three months are almost like a fourth trimester where baby is still kind of hatching. I didn't plan on it being insanely hard for like 6 months. But I am proud that I followed my gut that something was wrong and sought help for Keaton. He is a much MUCH happier man now!

I am so stoked we cloth diaper. I did a ton of research before he was born- but really had no real life experience with it... and I had to do a bit of convincing to get DH on board... But we both love it now, and definitely wouldn't have it any other way.

I planned on doing EC part time... I did it part time in the very beginning- and then the busy season of my portrait biz descended and it kind of slipped by the wayside for a while. But we are back on track, and I'd say Keaton goes on the potty 2-3x per day- and poops on the potty (rather than in his dipe) about 75% of the time. Very excited about that!

I planned on breastfeeding for at least the first year- and as long as it works for both of us after that. There have been some bumps along the way- but I was really set on this, and am proud I have made it work.

We planned on introducing solids after 6 mos and following the Baby Lead Weaning book- and did. I am so glad I found and read that book before he was born- cuz the few times we tried purees- Keaton made it very clear he was not a fan. I think without that book I would have just kept trying to shove it down his throat and wondering why my baby won't eat. Turns out he's just not a fan of the texture and wants to be the boss of his food. Which works fine for me!!

I planned on not vaxing- and we haven't... Just had to struggle a bit to find a ped who was cool with that.

I planned on co-sleeping- and we do. Love that. And now he sleeps between DH and I - which I didn't plan on- but both Keaton and DH really like the snuggle time, so it works for us for now...

and a couple pics from the past few days...

Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #1207
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Nisa! Look at that baby chub
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #1208
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Serious baby chub......I love the ladder pic...just the expression on his face! Kee-yoot!

How is it that all of our babies ended up so darn cute? Is it an Aries thing? Seriously......all adorable.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #1209
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great idea Summer!

- I was determined to have a med-free, intervention-free, waterbirth where I labored mostly at home. Happened spot on! I felt so empowered after Nigel's birth - it was a beautiful experience for all involved and it gave me the last push to decide that our next one will be a homebirth in water!

- I planned on being more calm about everything! I was pretty scheduled with DS1 (he responded well to it) but Nigel is a more carefree, fly by the seat of your pants kind of kid. I wanted to nurse on demand for him and did, I just wanted to make sure that I felt like I met all of his needs immediately... and I still feel like we do.

- I didn't plan on bedsharing with him, just co-sleeping, but turned out he liked to be snuggled right with mom and I it, he is in his own crib now but we still get a few hours of bed sharing in a night.

- I wanted to delay vaxing with him, and so far it has been just fine, our pedi is very understanding and cool with whatever we want to do.

- I wanted to cd from birth and we sure have, vacas excepting, but I also wanted to just be chill about it, not obsessed with finding the "perfect" diaper like I was with DS1, so far we have been .

- I really wanted to delay solids and we did, and really only did about 6 weeks of puree - which I also wanted to make ALL our own babyfood, which I have !

- I wanted to wrap with Nigel for babywearing, but I couldn't quite get it and he didn't really like it, so we just used the hotsling a lot and now we almost exclusively wear in the Ergo, which he ADORES!!! I can't imagine not baby wearing, it's one of my very favorite things

- I wanted to EC with Nige, and we did pretty well when we first settled into our new home, but then life got a little crazy with DH starting his residency and I felt so unsettled in our new town and was lonely and a little depressed and that is one of the things I just had to let go of (he wasn't responding great to it anyway). I have thought about attempting again, but I wonder if it's too late.

Overall, things have been near perfect and I'm so grateful for that. The TTC journey for Nigel was a rough and rocky road and I just prayed and prayed and hoped that things once he arrived would be smooth sailing, despite the storm raging of life changes around us and we have been blessed no doubt.

Some more goals:

- I hope to nurse until at least 18 months but I really want to just follow child-led weaning.
- I really want to wait until ppaf and a few cycles of charting before TTC again, but we'll see how dh feels.
- I'd like to get in better shape, I'm down to my ppreg weight, but it's distributed a little different than I'd like

My baby is 10 months old but at the same time, I love seeing him change and experience the world around him. He is officially crawling after months and months of the army drag. He is also pulling up on everything and yesterday he even took his first "cruising" walk along the church bench. I'll get pics up a little later, laundry becons me!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #1210
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

yep we plan on a big family
i have a few friends that have large families and i am so excited for us to be like that. i know its crazy-and hectic, but we have one chance at life and i want to be at peace with our choices. we love our kiddies and are going to continue to add to them... my girls are great big sisters, i think they are going to be more heartbroken than i when we decide our family is complete. but for now we know we want at least two more

melissa-it seems like just yesterday we were both in ATTS threads and you were POAS in a public bathroom! man how time flies! i cannot believe the babies in DIA09 are so big now
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote