Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #31
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Car Seats!

P.S. We also have a Combi Coccoro installed in my hubby's 04 Dodge Grand Caravan. It fits small spaces well. It did not install well in my car though (07 Nissan Altima).

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #32
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Really? Why? Does it use the LATCH to install?
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #33
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS Chicco Keyfit was expiring like in August or September. I was tempted to skip the infant seat, but winters are pretty cold here and I would like the option of keeping this little girl in her infants seat for a while to make bundling up easier. We looked at other car seats but came home with the newer version of the Chicco Keyfit. DH and I still like the Chicco seats the best.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
momtomy3
Registered Users
Formerly: karismom
seller
seller

I'm buying the seat/stroller combo. I need the stroller, and it's about the same price as buying the seat alone. Baby will move to a convertible once it warms up a bit.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #35
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyjoy View Post
Really? Why? Does it use the LATCH to install?
I just couldn't get a rock solid install based on the slope of my seats. I tried it with the LATCH and seatbeat too. BUT it works great with the LATCH in our 04 Dodge Grand Caravan and will be the seat we travel with at the airport when we go to my brother's wedding out of state this summer.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #36
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmtcm4 View Post
I just couldn't get a rock solid install based on the slope of my seats. I tried it with the LATCH and seatbeat too. BUT it works great with the LATCH in our 04 Dodge Grand Caravan and will be the seat we travel with at the airport when we go to my brother's wedding out of state this summer.
Thanks. If I end up trying to get this one I will have to make sure I order from somewhere that will take returns.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #37
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyjoy View Post
Thanks. If I end up trying to get this one I will have to make sure I order from somewhere that will take returns.
Good thinking! I'm also a carseat crazy lady so I have to have a rock solid install or it drives me crazy!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #38
peculiartreasure
Registered Users
seller

We used a Peg Perego infant seat with DD, adore it, and plan to use it for DS! DD now uses a Recaro Pro Sport. The Pro Ride can face rear and forward and has a huge range for height and weight. I think it sounds perfect for your situation. We went with Recaro because of their incredible safety standards and ratings. We LOVE the seat.

http://www.recarochildseat.com/
peculiartreasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #39
mommylarca24
Registered Users
seller

Well since this is my third, I have a graco convertible, an Alpha Omega Elite and my DD is now in a HB booster and my son will go in one as soon as this DD comes in order to fit all three across my back seat. However, we had a graco infant snugride (weight limit 22lbs) for my daughter which she used until she was 1. My son hit 21 lbs at 6 month so we bought the graco convertible. I passed that set on to a single mom friend 2 years ago when I thought I was done having babies. This time I am buying a graco snugride 30 which will give us 8 extra lbs to work with should this little miss be a chunky butt like her brother. Then By the time she goes forward facing (likely 18-24 months) due to weight limit on the new infant seat, she can have one of the convertibles from her siblings and we'll have a minivan then so it won't be such a tight squeeze anyway.
mommylarca24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #40
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veveland View Post
Sorry not trying to hijack the thread...but depending on your price range, this might be an option. I saw one at a demo-it's pretty cool. Not going to lie-if we had the money, this is on my wish list.

It has a stay-in-car base, reclines, and fits 5-100lbs.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...earchURL=false
You know- I thought those were cool till I looked at them in store and I read reviews. Apparently they are kinda noisy and rattle a lot- PLUS they are pretty big and take up a big chunk of seat.