Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #31
eternalw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Large Family mommas who CD. What did you love for cding?

I have 8 children of my own plus a step son... I cloth diapered all but my first born... He's 20 now. I love Motherease onesize diapers. They really hold up well long term and fit my babies pretty early on. I have a stash of GMD prefolds and some covers for the first month or so, depending on the baby. I love Thirsties Duo covers too...

Advertisement

eternalw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #32
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok just an update. My new one arrived February 9th and was 9 pounds 6 ounces. He didn't fit most of my newborn stuff with the exception of the newborn simplex aio, the Grovia aio and a few fitteds. The newborn prefolds were too small and for some reason they are intimidating me. Baby boy is a super duper soaker so we still bare using a disposables at night. At his 1 month this week he weighed 12 pounds 4 ounces and pees through everything in less than an hour. Soooooo we are still searching for our magical solution.
For all the prefold mommas are you snappiing the prefolds or just trifolding without securing? What kind of fold for the flats? Finally what covers besides Thirsties, prowrap, bummis and blueberry as those I have.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #33
3peasinapod
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried GroVia bamboo prefolds? I am about to try them on my 2 week old. I also have my eye on DR bamboo prefitteds. My little one has been soaking the GMD workhorses fairly quick.
3peasinapod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #34
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

My baby was pretty big, and he outgrew the newborn diapers within about 2 weeks. I was kinda bummed, because they were so darned cute and soft. Oh well. I switched to prefolds and covers, with a few fitteds in the mix. I also have a bunch of AIO or AI2s. I don't like snappis at all, so I just lay the prefolds in cover tri-folded. My baby is just starting to crawl, and it is still working for us. I only have Thirsties and Bummis wraps, so I can't comment on that. For night, I have a variety of diapers. I used disposables at night for several weeks, but then my super soaker baby began peeing out of every brand I tried. Now, I have an Sbish, a Sandy, a hemp diaper (maybe growing greens?), and something bamboo. I layer a variety of hemp liners to boost the absorbency without adding too much bulk. I use a pair of wool longies at night to contain it all.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote