Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
calex99
Registered Users
seller

Red Rasberry Tea & Evening Primerose

I was wondering if anyone had any success with using these supplements. Also, when should I start taking them and what dosage? I did hear something about taking the EPO at 36 weeks

Advertisement

calex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Red Rasberry Tea & Evening Primerose

I'm ordering Red Raspberry Tea tonight and going to start taking a cup a day now and increase as it gets closer! I know its safe to take through the entire pregnancy.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have taken Red Raspberry leaf through the last trimester in all my pregnancies. I dont know if it helps or not but I like it and its supposed to be good for you I have super fast and easy labors, dunno if that helps or not. I like to drink it to aid with my monthly cycles as well.

Never used EPO, so cant comment on that.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I have been drinking RRL tea here and there throughout my pregnancy but plan to drink several cups a day starting next week. (8 weeks from due date)
I've never taken it but before and have very fast easy deliveries but I am getting older and figure it will help reduce the chance of hemorage. Plue it's really good for you and I plan to continue to drink it even after baby is born.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I have been drinking RRL tea here and there throughout my pregnancy but plan to drink several cups a day starting next week. (8 weeks from due date)
I've never taken it but before and have very fast easy deliveries but I am getting older and figure it will help reduce the chance of hemorage. Plue it's really good for you and I plan to continue to drink it even after baby is born.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I drank RRL tea religiously during the last pregnancy, and while I did not have a fast and easy delivery, I had amazingly little postpartum bleeding. Aside from the blood right at the birth, I bled less than a period and stopped bleeding really early (I still had discharge for a while, but no blood). I don't know if it is because of the RRL, but that was awesome! I have been drinking three glasses of RRL this pregnancy starting a few weeks ago.

BTW, RRL may have a negative effect on milk supply when drunk long term while nursing, so you may want to look into it. That is why I started drinking it a bit late this pregnancy--wanted to wait until I knew my current supply was truly gone due to pregnancy and not make it stop early because of the tea.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started drinking the tea last week when I reached the 3rd trimester. I am drinking a cup a day now and will slowly increase it to 3 cups a day over the next few weeks. I used EPO at the very end of my pregnancy last time, I started taking it orally and inserting it a few days before my due date. I think this time I'm going to start taking it at 36 weeks and start inserting it at 38 weeks.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
mom2threeboys
Registered Users

I inserted the EPO at 38 weeks my last pregnancy and had a big reaction to it ( swelling and just raw). Then I was in full panic to heal before delivery. : ( So I will drink more RRL tea ( I just have been drinking it occasionally) but will skip the EPO this time around. I don't think it is common to react like that though.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does rrl come in a pill? I HATE tea! Also where can I order online, and how the heck do I use it? Also the other stuff, do you take it orally or rub it up in your lady parts? I am new to this stuff, but anything to make labor bearable for me would be great!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #10
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3
Does rrl come in a pill? I HATE tea! Also where can I order online, and how the heck do I use it? Also the other stuff, do you take it orally or rub it up in your lady parts? I am new to this stuff, but anything to make labor bearable for me would be great!
lol.

Oh and I got a good deal on a box of earth mama angel baby 3rd trimester tea, is this a good tea to drink??