Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So i got my diaper bag now i want to pack it!

Still think its to early but I really really want to pack diaperbag for the hospital. this is used for baby's bag only. I cannot pack mine till the end because I will be needing my bag this summer for trips around island. Anyone els "NEEDING" to pack baby bag yet? Anyway if you are or are NOT packing baby bag yet what are you going to pack?

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamata3
Still think its to early but I really really want to pack diaperbag for the hospital. this is used for baby's bag only. I cannot pack mine till the end because I will be needing my bag this summer for trips around island. Anyone els "NEEDING" to pack baby bag yet? Anyway if you are or are NOT packing baby bag yet what are you going to pack?
I think I'm going lite this time. With my first I packed waaay to much. With my twins, I had nothing because it was unexpected (I was 34 weeks) and they had to stay in nicu anyways.

Cloth diapers
Cloth wipes
Wet bag
2 or 3 outfits
Swaddle blankets
Rash cream
Nursing pillow?
Nail clippers
Hats, socks (1-2 each)
Burp cloth (flats)
Breast pump (will keep it in the car and just have it "in case")

I only plan on being there a day probably. I think if you have delivered before you only have to stay 24 hours. Csections are 48 I think. So either way I only plan on being there a day or two. Baby will not get that dirty that it needs more than a few outfits and the first day I think they only poo maybe once right? I don't know of I want meconium on my pretty diapers, lol. So I may have a liner (fleece maybe?) that I can toss until it gets to the breastmilk poo.

I'm trying to keep it simple though.

For myself, toiletries in case I feel like getting up to shower and a change or two of clothes. Lol. That's about it. I will stay in the gown probably until I leave. Maybe some mama cloth, but probably just stick to the sposies since I use a cup normally. I would have no need for the MC after the 6ish weeks.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So i got my diaper bag now i want to pack it!

Pack it I already have all our birth supplies in order (we are planning a homebirth) and all baby's clothes and diapers. I just wash as I add more and put them in the stack
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
philenabean
Registered Users

Go ahead and pack it! I'm still debating whether or not to pack cloth, since I might just go ahead and use the disposables at the hospital to save on having to do laundry first thing when I get home. I also only used the t-shirts provided, and packed one outfit to use for pics/going home. Since it'll be summer here, I'm not too worried about clothing. I love the idea of taking nail clippers... I hadn't thought of that before. I worried more about my own things than the baby's, now that I think about it As long as you have a car seat, I figure everything will be fine.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

I packed both mine and the babies not everything is in it et but pretty close! I'll go through it when I get home and post what I have in each
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean
Go ahead and pack it! I'm still debating whether or not to pack cloth, since I might just go ahead and use the disposables at the hospital to save on having to do laundry first thing when I get home. I also only used the t-shirts provided, and packed one outfit to use for pics/going home. Since it'll be summer here, I'm not too worried about clothing. I love the idea of taking nail clippers... I hadn't thought of that before. I worried more about my own things than the baby's, now that I think about it As long as you have a car seat, I figure everything will be fine.
I'm taking cloth just to be the "weird girl" and to help raise awareness. I won't really feel like doing laundry either but we are in a very poor area and people think you are some freak of nature for using cloth diapers. LOL. Even my sisters who have seen the cool new updated aio's and such think its gross. And one of them is a nurse! You would think she's seem some worse things that a poopy diaper wasn't gross. Lol. But neither of them are really fans of housework, so I can see how the added laundry would drive them away from it. My little sis did use some of mine for a few days but she said it grossed her out so she had to like do a load of laundry every time there was one poopy diaper...lol.

But anywho, like I said, I'm doing it to help raise awareness. If a nurse sees how cool my bg aio's look then she MIT remember it. Then on top of that if another mama comes in who talks about diapers being expensive or something she can say "well I saw this one girl who used cloth. It was pretty neat looking." etc, etc.

As for nail clippers, I didn't think to bring those with my others and they scratched themselves and me all up, so I will definitely have those packed? Lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am bringing cloth diapers. reason 1 because i dont think my baby will wear newborns for long and i bought so many i need to use them when i can lol, and 2 because i will be washing diaper laundry when i get home anyway because of YDS (i dont let DH wash diapers, he does not do it to my standard lol). Oh and i never cloth diapered a newborn so i cannot wait! i think i will pack the baby bag after i get some deep cleaning done today.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Okay so I have two bags

My bag:

5 sets of cloth nursing pads
EMAB Nipple Butter
EMAB Mama bottom butter
Cloth PP pads & a few regular size pads/ In a wetbag
Toiletries: (all are trial sizes) toothbrush/paste, shampoo/condition, face wash, soap, shaving cream, razor, hair bands, lotion, chap stick
nursing cover
nursing tank
nursing bra
coming home comfortable dress
3 pairs of fuzzy socks
Undies
Hospital Papers
Birth plan
Call list
PJ Pants
Camera
iPod

Things I still need to add:
hair brush,snacks, flip flops, deoderant

Baby diaper bag:

Coming home outfit
Some extra clothes
mittens
socks/booties
hats
CJ's
AIO Coming home cloth diaper/ extra diapers fitted + cover, 2 prefolds for burp cloths
california baby shampoo/body wash & lotion
wetbag
1 paci and strap
a bib
cloth wipes
bamboo jersey blanket
1 bottle just in case
1 swaddle blanket
paci / bottle wipes
nail clippers
[B]

Other items I plan on bringing:

Birthing ball
boppy nursing pillow

we aren't cloth diapering during out hospital stay but plan to start with his coming home outfit.
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

Last edited by SkyeBattest; 06-13-2012 at 09:31 PM.
SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I add flip flops to your lists?
I've not give birth in the US so I don't know what your hospitals are like but here they can be very dirty. There is no way I would have a shower bare foot. Yuck!?!
It does all seem so different here. If it's a normal vaginal section you can leave after 3 hours, some prefer to stay the first night. If it's a c-section you generally get 24 hours you'd be very lucky where i live to get any longer. But either way they expect you to have a shower before you leave. Not really a cleanliness thing, i think it's more to prove you can stand up, move about and are generally ok to go home.
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaE80 View Post
Can I add flip flops to your lists?
I've not give birth in the US so I don't know what your hospitals are like but here they can be very dirty. There is no way I would have a shower bare foot. Yuck!?!
It does all seem so different here. If it's a normal vaginal section you can leave after 3 hours, some prefer to stay the first night. If it's a c-section you generally get 24 hours you'd be very lucky where i live to get any longer. But either way they expect you to have a shower before you leave. Not really a cleanliness thing, i think it's more to prove you can stand up, move about and are generally ok to go home.
What??!! They make you leave 24 hours after major abdominal surgery? That's crazy. But I guess if its so dirty you don't want to take a shower without flip flops maybe you'd have a better chance of not getting an infection.

I'm having a homebirth so I have nothing to pack but you ladies are making me want to order my birth kit and pool. That will make it seem quite real.