Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Encapsulation?

Well even an oven at its lowest setting is hot. I use our dehydrator and have it set to 104 deg. I didnt have an aftertaste but everyone's different. The place I found info on about dosage said it depends on you. Some people do 2 a day some 5 a day.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never heard of doing anything with the placenta until my son was over a year old. My cousin posted pictures on fb of her dried placenta and it made me curious and looked into it. I never knew there was such a thing. Turns out a friend of mine from LLL also encapsulates for people. I don't think I'll do mine though. I can't stomach the thought of it, and it doesn't help that I can't swallow pills.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkelly
I never heard of doing anything with the placenta until my son was over a year old. My cousin posted pictures on fb of her dried placenta and it made me curious and looked into it. I never knew there was such a thing. Turns out a friend of mine from LLL also encapsulates for people. I don't think I'll do mine though. I can't stomach the thought of it, and it doesn't help that I can't swallow pills.
You can get tinctures and smoothie making stuff as well so no need to swallow pills.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm paying someone to do it. I haven't done it before, but had PPD with my first and lingering baby blues with the second. I'm looking forward to the benefits I've heard women talk about.
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #15
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't even want to see that thing, it grosses me out. I had briefly thought about encapsulation but I cannot do it. I have not had a problem with PP depression so I am not to concerned.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #16
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I am interested in it (though it does gross me out--I didn't even see the placenta with DD, and seeing one sounds bad enough!), but DH says it sounds like cannibalism, and I don't know what to say to that.

I did talk to someone the other day who said she wished she had encapsulated hers because she is now in menopause and could really use placenta pills. She won't take the stuff people usually take because it is synthetic and can cause cancer, and she is already a cancer survivor.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie
I am interested in it (though it does gross me out--I didn't even see the placenta with DD, and seeing one sounds bad enough!), but DH says it sounds like cannibalism, and I don't know what to say to that.

I did talk to someone the other day who said she wished she had encapsulated hers because she is now in menopause and could really use placenta pills. She won't take the stuff people usually take because it is synthetic and can cause cancer, and she is already a cancer survivor.
Not sure about the cannibalism, but I'm pretty sure ALL mammals eat the placenta? And it's not like you are going to turn around and start chopping up bits and pieces of people into your morning cereal or anything. Lol. I guess I just don't really see it as cannibalism. Technically you aren't eating it. It goes through your digestive system but it's not like you get pleasure from it. Or what about blood. When you cut a finger the general reaction is to suck the blood off of it. Lol. Does that mean we are all cannibals?? Haha.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

No, it means we are all vampires. Lol! Placentas are cool to look at. I hope I remember to ask to see mine
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77
No, it means we are all vampires. Lol! Placentas are cool to look at. I hope I remember to ask to see mine
Lol. I asked to look at mine with my first. It was pretty gross looking, but it didn't bother me much. Having one in my kitchen to cook though...not sure I could do it. I really wanted to see my twins placenta (it was shared) but I was in shock or something and don't remember much of anything from surgery.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by b bright View Post
Not sure about the cannibalism, but I'm pretty sure ALL mammals eat the placenta? And it's not like you are going to turn around and start chopping up bits and pieces of people into your morning cereal or anything. Lol. I guess I just don't really see it as cannibalism. Technically you aren't eating it. It goes through your digestive system but it's not like you get pleasure from it. Or what about blood. When you cut a finger the general reaction is to suck the blood off of it. Lol. Does that mean we are all cannibals?? Haha.
Yeah, all mammals eat their placentas, even the vegetarian ones! But DH says humans are different than regular mammals (which I agree with), so he isn't keen on the idea...
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote