Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

Bellybutton

My bellybutton started popping out many weeks ago, but I just started to feel self conscious about being able to see it through shirts. It's not a matter of wearing looser shirts, (although that helps) I mean, you can see it through T-shirts! I just wonder if that bothers any one else. Do some people consider that immodest? I know it's not like nipples showing or anything. Just something I thought of.

Advertisement

neatostacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
My mom said something about it so maybe it is by an older generation...? I really dont care though....I might if I had to go to work or be dressed up for something.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I have never heard of it being immodest. You can't help showing it unless you wear those big tent like shirts our mothers wore in pregnancy. Or if you get a bra for your belly lol.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bellybutton

I know...It really can't be helped. If I wear a panel over my belly (super uncomfortable) that helps. Or maybe a belly band. But I don't want to wear so many layers now that it's getting warmer. Maybe I'll get a piece of duct tape:-)
neatostacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Mommy0912
Registered Users

Mine is quite obvious as well. I wear my pre pregnancy scrub pants for work, a white tank, and a plain Jane maternity top over it and you can still are it. It doesn't bother me and no one had commented, just a normal preggo side effect
Mommy0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always kind of look forward to my bellybutton popping! Then I feel like people will for sure be able to tell that I'm preggo and not just eating way too much! I would agree that it used to be thought of differently though. I had a friend who is about my mom's age comment about how she and her friends used to try and cover up their bellybuttons popping with a band-aid when she was having kids. You could give it a try if you want and cover it up....I haven't tried it myself but it seems like it could work!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Mine is weird. The top pokes out and the lower half is flat. My belly button is wearing a hoodie. Lol!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
philenabean
Registered Users

I think the band-aid idea is a good one, if it really makes you uncomfortable! Mine has never popped in any of my pregnancies.
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the "hoodie" too! And when you feel it my actual belly button spot is a couple inches higher. Its been so stretched out over 6 pregnancies that its not going to go back. I'm pretty self conscious about it. I've been wearing the secret panel jeans but pretty soon I won't want anything over my belly. I've never thought of it being immodest. I hope others don't see it that way!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Oh and my belly button is crooked. It's on the right side of my midline, that kind of surprised me. I didn't expect it to move over to one side.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote