Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miraculous Christmas update to an old post: Living with a manic depressive sil

So were you able to get into the rental house right away or are you on the street on Christmas? I can't believe the rest of the family came over for a party instead of making sure you were all ok.

Keeping you in my prayers. My heart breaks for that little girl. At least with you there she was cared for.

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
n3w2cl0th
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miraculous Christmas update to an old post: Living with a manic depressive sil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycdsqueaker View Post
Glad things worked out for you but I am kinda saddened but the fact that you are thankful that god made her "crazy"

If your SIL does suffer from Bipolar, maybe reading up and getting a better understanding of it would be beneficial.

Maybe you were in the situation for that little girl. To show her what it feels like to be loved, care for, what a family should look like.

I know that this situation is still "raw" for you but I hope that someday, you can look at it, see the blessings in it and develop some compassion for your SIL.
I understand what you mean...but...in the OPs defense...my 24 yr old brother is Bi-Polar...he went off his meds on his 18th bday and refuses to go to therapy or take meds...he says he is fine... living with a bi-polar relative who refuses treatment is HELL on earth... and sometimes it takes them going completely crazy for ppl to see it, and for them to see it... my brother went nuts on my mom on Christmas eve this year and called the police on her, saying she was a bad mother and was abusive and cruel to my our younger brother...in the end, HE nearly got arrested for false imprisonment (of my mom) and phoning in a false report... I was terrified Christmas morning I was going to get a phone call from the police telling me he killed my parents in their sleep...luckily I did not get that call...and after 2 more days of my dad talking to him and trying to get him to see he needs treatment, he STILL doesn't think anything is wrong with him...he thinks the problem is my parents...so, as painful as it is and as mean as it sounds, we have cut him off. He is not welcome at my parents home or my home... if he likes being crazy, he can be crazy on his own. The OP's SIL is an adult, like my brother, and CHOSES This life... they chose to not get help, or be under-medicated (I am not sure if the OP's SIL is medicated or not)... you can only be "compassionate" for so long before you say enough is enough to the abuse...

OP...I am so sorry you had to deal with that on Christmas, but I do see the silver lining....and I understand why you are happy... I hope it all works out for you...
Old 12-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w2cl0th View Post
I understand what you mean...but...in the OPs defense...my 24 yr old brother is Bi-Polar...he went off his meds on his 18th bday and refuses to go to therapy or take meds...he says he is fine... living with a bi-polar relative who refuses treatment is HELL on earth... and sometimes it takes them going completely crazy for ppl to see it, and for them to see it... my brother went nuts on my mom on Christmas eve this year and called the police on her, saying she was a bad mother and was abusive and cruel to my our younger brother...in the end, HE nearly got arrested for false imprisonment (of my mom) and phoning in a false report... I was terrified Christmas morning I was going to get a phone call from the police telling me he killed my parents in their sleep...luckily I did not get that call...and after 2 more days of my dad talking to him and trying to get him to see he needs treatment, he STILL doesn't think anything is wrong with him...he thinks the problem is my parents...so, as painful as it is and as mean as it sounds, we have cut him off. He is not welcome at my parents home or my home... if he likes being crazy, he can be crazy on his own. The OP's SIL is an adult, like my brother, and CHOSES This life... they chose to not get help, or be under-medicated (I am not sure if the OP's SIL is medicated or not)... you can only be "compassionate" for so long before you say enough is enough to the abuse...

OP...I am so sorry you had to deal with that on Christmas, but I do see the silver lining....and I understand why you are happy... I hope it all works out for you...
COMPLETELY different
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

We don't know if the SIL is manic depressant.

I hope the OP realizes how very blessed she is that the people around her are making sure her newborn and other two children have a place to stay.

Last edited by wlillie; 12-27-2010 at 10:51 PM.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #15
auntkerri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am very happy that you have seen God come through and answer your prayers. I hope that your sister in law will see now that you are gone the error of her ways. The capacity some people have for holding a grudge is unbelievable, but hopefully she will see the way God answered your prayers and want to know him as well. I keep telling myself to turn the other cheek with my mil and it is actually helping me like you said it was helping you. On my birthday she invited me for lunch then said she was on weight watchers and had a weigh in that evening (i.e. watched me eat) and then told me I needed to stop thinking about getting a job and get a job, told me I didn't want to have a baby anyway (after we tried for three years and lost 2 babies this summer), told me I was straining my husband, asked me exactly what I do all day, and then told me that Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving, and again no Christmas gifts this year. I left feeling like I never wanted to have another birthday, so I do know how you feel. I prayed about it and found it in my heart to go to her house for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Like you said you can not change someone else only yourself, but I did find that once I opened my heart the situation got better. I will pray for more blessings for you and your family.
auntkerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #16
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

My SIL has never seen a doctor so we don't really know her diagnosis. I just know from her symptoms that she has 'something'. I'm guessing clinical depression. She is a possilbe hoarder as well (I've seen that show on tv and she has a lot of their traits). We were in her house for 8 months and we brought a lot of light and blessing to her. I saw her come out of whatever she has quite a bit and am very happy. I prayed constantly for her, played christian music when she wasn't there, anointed the house with oil, etc. But I took a beating spiritually and emotionally. If God had me there to help her out, then so be it. I did my best, but I am glad we're out!!! Yeah!! I still pray for her and her daughter. In the last days we were there, she was sleeping a lot less, singing some, coming out of her shell, allowing lights on, trying to talk to me in a polite way, etc. I saw a huge change in her since we've been there. Then she and my husband (her brother) got in a fight and she kicked us out. Maybe God thought our work was done there (sounds like Mary Poppins or Nanny McPhee?? Felt more like Cinderella- j/k) but I will still pray for her and I know God loves her enough to ask our family to move in there and help her out. I didn't mention in my original post that a bil was there as well and just as bad to live with- very mean and angry person. So it wasn't just my sil but a bil as well which is why is it was so bad and going through all of that pregnant and c-section, etc. I did learn SOOO much and feel I am a better person as well. That is God's way. With Him, both parties come out blessed. I learned how to control my emotions when serving someone I did not like. In the past, I would gladly serve people I chose to serve. This time God had me serve someone I greatly disliked and who disliked me. I chose to serve them anyway, for the glory of God, but overcoming my emotions was the biggest battle. And to see God's miracle in the end was so worth it. A friend of ours is giving us his house to live in for free (one of his rentals) to help us out. He called us hours after we got kicked out to tell us this, not knowing what had just happened. We did not call him! God got us out and provided the house for us, all within hours! We serve and awesome God. He did say following Him would not be easy and that offenses will happen but it's all for our good and His will is perfect. We just have to believe and have the faith and give Him our all.
Designsbybequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

Diagnoses or no diagnoses, God didn't make her crazy.

(Sorry, I am REALLY touchy about bipolar disorder being made out to be this tragic, unmanageable disease, because I have it and am in treatment for it.)
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote