Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kind of silly, but...Update

Small update: well, I have a professor to work with me. She is freaking fantastic and I pink sparkly heart her a million times over!
The only problem remaining is my old dean. I still have to get approval from her. Ugh. I hate not knowing what is happening.

I also am redoing my resume, and plan to send it out to several places. Just in case this all falls through. Again, I would really rather stay home with DS and take some classes. It has kind of been my dream to get another degree ... A masters in history. I would love to teach legal history or women and the law or something like that. I had a lot of those history classes and loved them.

Plus a lot of students who take those classes want to go to law school, and I could definitely help them with that too. Anyway, I digress....

Thank you for your prayers!

I would really appreciate your prayers for helping me get out of the house. I have no friends or family in this area, and have been a sahm for 7 months. I'm itching to get out of the house a couple days a week, just for my sanity and to be able to interact with adults. DH and I have been fighting like crazy, and we think this might help.

I want to take a graduate level course via my old university and volunteer at a legal center for disadvantaged families 2 days a week. It is kind of late to apply for the spring semester, but my dean *can* enroll me if she wants to. But I also have to get a professor to agree to work with me on a directed study project.

I would really, really appreciate prayers to make this happen. So many things need to fall into place - the ok from my old dean, our finances, a professor willing to work with me, finding someone great to watch DS, etc. I want it so badly, I am afraid to even contact my old dean, in case I get rejected. it is just so tough to get back into the "real" world after staying home for a while. I think I need this for my sanity as well as for my marriage.

I really appreciate your help!!

P.s. If everything goes through, I will have another lotto this month to pay it forward. And yes, I think my lotto prizes are freaking fantastic.

Advertisement

Last edited by *Peanut*; 01-11-2011 at 07:58 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kind of silly, but...

Oh, how I know the feeling. If I don't get out of the house I start to go a little crazy and DH and I start to get at each other. At the very least you should look into family services or other family groups in your area, they probably have dates set up for moms to get together to socialize. They are free in my area and helped me with my sanity.

I really hope that you contact the dean to see about finishing off the program. It sounds like a really good opportunity for you.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused mum View Post
Oh, how I know the feeling. If I don't get out of the house I start to go a little crazy and DH and I start to get at each other. At the very least you should look into family services or other family groups in your area, they probably have dates set up for moms to get together to socialize. They are free in my area and helped me with my sanity.

I really hope that you contact the dean to see about finishing off the program. It sounds like a really good opportunity for you.

Good Luck!!
Thanks! the thing is, I really like being productive and having goals and achieving them. At home my goals are mostly : cleaning the house, doing the dishes and laundry, grocery shopping, making dinner, etc. It has left me a bit depressed. which is why I think I would like to volunteer somewhere and take a class instead of socialize. Plus, I lost all my social skills after staying home with DS.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Crystalftw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DO it!!

Rejection won't kill you, it will make you more determined if you have the right attitude! Get on and do it girl!
<3-Crystal *Radically on fire for Christ!* Continually thanking the Lord for my Navy man & 5 children; my First-Born Son(7), my Surprise Pretty Girl 4/15/11, & my 3 in heaven. My blessed life!!Get the "swag" wag!
Crystalftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #5
DomerJen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can do it! It'll get easier with time
DomerJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:55 AM   #6
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

you guys are sweet.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wrote to my old dean, and I haven't heard back yet. for my back up plan, I'm looking into working. I don't really want to work...because I'd rather be home most of the time with DS. . I just can't be home 100% of the time with only chores to do.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Old 01-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Kind of silly, but...Update

for small update
Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Re: Kind of silly, but...Update

awesome. One step in the right direction!!!!