Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
nicumama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Prayers- Lost my GranMa today

I am sadded but also releived as I type this. My GranMa, 86years old fell last tuesday night and broke her hip. She was hospitalized and underwent surgery on Thursday and was expected to recover. She was disorented and a CAT scan showed a large white area on her brain (indicating dementia) that wasnt there before (most likely caused by the trama of the fall). She choked on some soft food on sunday afternoon and had to be suctioned, then her heart rate when up. They gave her medication to lower it but it didnt help, her breathing was very laboured so they kept increasing her oxygen. Today around noon they moved her from PCU to Palliative Care and her breathing became very shallow and then she passed away with my mom and uncle by her side. She is at peace and not suffering anymore and she is with our Lord and my Grandpa (they were married over 50years and he passed away in 2007).
Please keep my family in your prayers during this time. Thank you, much appreciated

Advertisement

Single Mommy to Graciela (07-05-08) Born at 32 weeks
and my furrbabies Eeyore, Snicklefritz and Chance.Home Daycare Provider , . My princess is a cloth diaper Graduate! (4/11)Proudly Canadian, with American Blood, Nascar Fan!!!

ISO: Gymboree Girls 4T clothing
IHA: Cloth diapers, girls clothes 2-3T.
nicumama is offline   Reply With Quote