Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #21
gheera47
Registered Users

Re: Diaper rashes?? I am running out of ideas. Help!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
If you have soft water that's a different story. I hope you can get it figured out! Those rashes are so sad.
Yeah, never had this problem with DS2. But then again, I could eat dairy and soy while nursing him, too. Go figure! I'll have a little sensitive princess. Lol!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Advertisement

gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #22
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheera47 View Post
We ARE on a well, but we have a water softener, plus ion beads thingy (can't remember what that one is called), and sediment filter. Things changed alot when they put that in a few years ago. Hard water is a pain, but we have soft water now, it can be hard to rinse soap off your hands or out of your hair when the system has run a flush cycle. Our whites no longer start turning greyish brown even with bleach.

It really shouldn't be a mineral buildup. That is what the ion beads do, if I remember correctly, they attract the minerals then get washed out with the water softener salts. It's been a long time since it was explained to me.

I read through GMD's 16 page how to Booklet. Lots of info there, plus I sent them an email asking questions. They were very encouraging. One suggestion they made was to wait 3 weeks while using the yeast treatment, then start again. Dr. only said to use it while symptoms where present (noticable rash). GMD also suggested ironing the flats to kill any lingering stuff.

Yeah to kill yeast basically you should use bleach. Another good backup method is using super hot water like a sanitize cycle if your washer has it. In my sig I have links to old yeast post where I talk about the non-bleach methods I've used but they are a pain and expensive and I actually think sanitize cycle may be harder on the diapers than bleach (especially covers). Someone knew the temperature that yeast dies at and you may find that information in the old posts as well.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #23
gheera47
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Yeah to kill yeast basically you should use bleach. Another good backup method is using super hot water like a sanitize cycle if your washer has it. In my sig I have links to old yeast post where I talk about the non-bleach methods I've used but they are a pain and expensive and I actually think sanitize cycle may be harder on the diapers than bleach (especially covers). Someone know the temperature that yeast dies at and you may find that information in the old posts as well.
I'll take a look. Thank you.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #24
gheera47
Registered Users

I've been reading over at Fluff Love University. Very detailed! I've been working hard to CAREFULLY strip and sanitize my diapers.
I've also been reading about thrush and yeast type infections. I think she got it on her face, so I also sanitized my nursing pads, bras, wash clothes, pacifiers, and teething toys. I've carefully put the antifungal on her creeks after she falls asleep for the night. They​ look much better till late in the day.

I feel kinda like I've done everything wrong up to this point. I should have attacked the problem harder at first onset, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Once we are all done with this I think I will write a whole post just on what I ended up doing but for now I want to wait and see if it works.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #25
Jadeebell
Registered Users

This is a tough toooc-Could be such a variety of things. My 6 month old had a horrible rash-that just had to take time to run its course. Cloth diapers didnít make it better so we used A and D ointment and Triple Paste in disposables. Airing her out as much as possible really was the best solution. Though there is no science behind it, I swear it was tied to teething.

My other experience, with my older daughter was in cotton fitted that she slept in over nite. They got an ammonia build up that caused skin burns that looked like a rash. Just wanted to make sure you had considered that option. Hopefully starting fresh will help rule that out. I was frustrated by how many different ways I tried to clean the diapers and struggled to get rid of the build up.

Good luck.
Jadeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #26
joycehingis
Registered Users

I suggest you to try the ointment for diaper rash by Highstreetformulas.com. They gives the 100% money back guarantee if it does not work.
joycehingis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 AM   #27
Pkupstx
Registered Users
seller

The Dr. might be the most helpful-I didn't know until I had kids, but there are different types of diaper rashes. Here are some ideas as each gets treated differently:

Allergic reaction to detergent-common for cloth if there is detergent buildup stripping may help, adding an extra rinse, or switching less harsh detergent (the skin is more sensitive there and it rubs against skin 24 hours a day)

Some sort of infection type thing that a Dr. can suggest a cream for (Ask them for a list of all different rashes and what they look like-I'm not remembering specifics off the top of my head)

Heat rash/Friction rash/Too wet fungal etc-More diaper changes to keep them dry or adding stay dry fabric. Also, use diaper cream (I like CJ's butter-coconut oil) every change to keep skin protected. And take more baths to sooth the skin (I make sure to wash and rinse when pulling our to get area super clean) and then let their bums air out more often-powder can help dry and be anti-fungal

Since you mentioned yeast infection I would definitely go the probiotic route first. If you nurse you can add yogurt to your diet and since your not into you could just take a probiotic. If baby's not nursing you could give baby probiotic drops/add yogurt when appropriate to diet-Dr. can rec best probiotic for your child as well.
Pkupstx is offline   Reply With Quote