Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
MBC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: In need of advice for cloth diapering!

I didn't read all the pp but I have to say I am a huge fan of pocket diapers. I tried wool and fitteds but it just seemed like too much "work" for me. I can keep my DH on board with the pockets. As far as getting a stash going, I would say go to the FSOT and experiment to see what you like.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
abharrington
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome! i would check out little lions for great deals if you decide to go the prefolds or flats route. if you decide to go with pockets, i woudl check out FSOT. you can get some good deals on dipers that still have a lot of life left in them. if you want to go with new, i would check out a one-size diaper, so you only have to buy once and then they could also be used on any future babies. bum genius are pricey at first glance, but a dozen could easily last until potty learning. cotton babies has awesome customer service and they have good resale value. also, if you like to shop...check out www.hyenacart.com. there are tons of working at home mamas that make awesome dipes, if all shapes and kinds and the price range is huge. good luck...post more questions...the ds community loves to help
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
bkcwjzy
Registered Users
Formerly: bkcwzy
seller

I'm just getting started too! however, I'm really late getting on board. My oldest is 32 months, #2 is only 15 months and #3 will be here next thursday. lol. As for Kushies Ultras, I borrowed some from a friend and I liked them. I bought 2 from her, but I know she wants to unload the rest of her stash. I can't buy the rest because I need something that will work for all 3. eek! But, I'll e-mail her tonight so she can get on here and start posting sometime soon. HTH =]
bkcwjzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
Tweedledum
Registered Users

Getting started with CDing-- there's so much to learn! First, how important to you is price? Ease of use (both for yourself, your partner, and possibly day care?) How many kids do you have, and do you plan on having more? How often are you willing to do laundry, and are you willing to handwash and lanolize?

I like this website for thinking about all your options. It's very well organized: http://diaperjungle.com/moms-who-cho...h-diapers.html Poke around there a little to see what appeals to you and come back with more questions!
Tweedledum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
sushi_noem
Registered Users
seller

I started CD'ing in October, my older dd was 33 months, and my younger was 8 months...my biggest piece of advice is not too buy too many of one kind to start with. Buy one or two at a time, find out what you like, then sell the ones you don't to fund more of what you like. I use fitteds and covers, my favorite covers are wool. I get a lot of my stuff from FSOT on here, and from the WAHM section. Good luck!
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
http://www.hyenacart.com/CountyMouse
sushi_noem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
Leetahalfelven
Registered Users

Exclamation Cloth Diaper stash to sell!

I have a stash I'm ready to sell! They are the AIO's w/ pockets and I've made inserts for all of them!
I have around
8 newborns
12 smalls
12 meds
16 large All with inserts!

I bought them used and have used them for 8 months and desperately need to sell them becasue we need the money.
Always washed in Charlies Soap and no bleach.

Because they have been washed many times they don't have that new crisp look, but we are talking about diapers!

If anyone is interested in mine, email me at leetahalfelven@yahoo.com

Thanks!
~Gin & Co.
Leetahalfelven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #17
luvin4kidz
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can always find a few kinds of dipes that you are interested in on FSOT, get an idea of what you like and go from there. Look for stores with package deals and/or free shipping (dipes are heavy to ship). I speant far more on my initial stash than I had to because I bought a dipe here and there and the shipping added up fast . Many WAHM's make dipes super cute for a good price-check out www.hyenacart.com and the WAHM WARES here on DS.

I've never tried Kushies, but I know that I have not heard the best things about them-although they may be all you need.

I have a 20mos old and I like PFs with PUL or Fleece covers and pockets. Thats just my .

Last edited by luvin4kidz; 02-08-2008 at 01:23 PM.
luvin4kidz is offline   Reply With Quote