Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
mbs31
Registered Users

1 cloth diaper

I currently have 1 dirty cloth diaper (pee only). I put my daughter in it in the morning and then given the events of the day, I realized I needed to go on a brief cloth diaper hiatus so I'm doing disposables right now. The problem is, I now have the 1 dirty pee cloth diaper and no plans to dirty the others for a time. How do I wash just one cloth diaper? I don't want to throw a pee filled diaper in with my normal wash, but I don't want to leave it sit for too long either. Help please!

Advertisement

mbs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: 1 cloth diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs31 View Post
I currently have 1 dirty cloth diaper (pee only). I put my daughter in it in the morning and then given the events of the day, I realized I needed to go on a brief cloth diaper hiatus so I'm doing disposables right now. The problem is, I now have the 1 dirty pee cloth diaper and no plans to dirty the others for a time. How do I wash just one cloth diaper? I don't want to throw a pee filled diaper in with my normal wash, but I don't want to leave it sit for too long either. Help please!

Just wash it by itself.

Or you could handwash it first to get it mostly clean, then throw it in with a load of towels.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it is just pee, you could also just rinse it thoroughly and throw it in with other clothing/laundry. It's not any different than potty training or bedwetting, pee will come out in the wash just fine. Depending on what kind of diaper it is and your laundry routine, you may want to dry it separately or hang it to dry--fabric softener and dryer sheets are generally a no-no for cloth diapers, and high dryer heat can be detrimental too. For one time though it shouldn't matter too much.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
mbs31
Registered Users

Thank you ladies for your help
mbs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
Sarahterp
Registered Users

I would rinse the insert well and just throw it in the wash with clothes!

I also had some diapers a friend lost in her basement and found after her LO had been out of diapers for over a year ��... They actually washed just fine even then! (No poo). So if you think you will be back in a couple weeks you could potentially let it dry out and wait, but honestly I would rinse and wash with clothes or towels.
Sarahterp is offline   Reply With Quote