Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat: Friday, Feb 24

All of you talking about potato chips is making me want them!!

So I had to share this- the craziest thing just happened to me. So I wear skinny jeans a lot, and even with the stretch in the jeans, with bloating and starting to expand in the waist area I can't fit into my pants anymore. Don't judge me, but I went to Forever 21 because I'd read online that they sell maternity skinny jeans for really cheap, and I didn't want to buy maternity clothes just yet, but I needed some pants to tide me over (I've been going to class in yoga pants, but that has a limit).

So I go in (there are 2 different 3 floor forever 21s in San Francisco within a block of each other, it's insane), and I ask a guy working if they still carry maternity pants. And he launches into a long story about how they discontinued the line because they got a lot of bad press for it, etc. Turned out he was a manager, and he started chatting with my son (who's super out-going) and I was lamenting that I really had been hoping to pick up a pair of jeans. So we were chatting and he says "Ok, I have a few boxes that we just took off the last floor set, I guess I could let you look through them...I don't even know what's in them." And I ended up finding a bunch of stuff, all clearance priced, not even on the floor anymore, dirt cheap. I felt silly buying maternity clothes at 6 weeks, but they were so so cheap I figured it was worth it. I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans, 4 shirts, and leggings for under $50- a steal right?

It was a sort of surreal experience.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #42
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomdeIsla View Post
OK, now since DH is gone tonight I know what I'm having for dinner

homemade nachos with the leftover taco meat added.

the kids can have grilled cheese

trying not to go to the store until Monday.
Glad I could be a bad influence. Hey, at this point with how we all feel so gross, if something actually sounds good then eat it! Don't feel bad, girl's gotta eat!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #43
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenashine View Post
Ugh. Now I'm craving potato chips! Thanks girls. :/

Elise, I'm dangerous at the grocery store. I don't even want to tally up how much I have spent this week. Luckily I'm mostly craving fruits and veggies and those are (mostly) fairly inexpensive. But I have lost the ability to walk into the store and grab a few things- my basket is always full.
Blech. Am I the only one who doesn't find potato chips tasty right now? I have been eating a pile of oven-baked frozen french fries lately, though. Those have been good! I've hit the stage where most foods just sound nasty. I could not bring myself to eat until almost 2pm! All of a sudden I wanted a bagel and cream cheese, and Dunkin' Donuts came to my rescue.

Sheena, I'm dangerous at the grocery store, too. Today we went in for milk, bread, and ginger tea (surprise!) and came out with half a basket of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme View Post
All of you talking about potato chips is making me want them!!

So I had to share this- the craziest thing just happened to me. So I wear skinny jeans a lot, and even with the stretch in the jeans, with bloating and starting to expand in the waist area I can't fit into my pants anymore. Don't judge me, but I went to Forever 21 because I'd read online that they sell maternity skinny jeans for really cheap, and I didn't want to buy maternity clothes just yet, but I needed some pants to tide me over (I've been going to class in yoga pants, but that has a limit).

So I go in (there are 2 different 3 floor forever 21s in San Francisco within a block of each other, it's insane), and I ask a guy working if they still carry maternity pants. And he launches into a long story about how they discontinued the line because they got a lot of bad press for it, etc. Turned out he was a manager, and he started chatting with my son (who's super out-going) and I was lamenting that I really had been hoping to pick up a pair of jeans. So we were chatting and he says "Ok, I have a few boxes that we just took off the last floor set, I guess I could let you look through them...I don't even know what's in them." And I ended up finding a bunch of stuff, all clearance priced, not even on the floor anymore, dirt cheap. I felt silly buying maternity clothes at 6 weeks, but they were so so cheap I figured it was worth it. I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans, 4 shirts, and leggings for under $50- a steal right?

It was a sort of surreal experience.
I just bought a pair of maternity jeans today! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. My fat jeans are snug already, and the maternity pants I got out of storage are just a little too snug. I've been pregnant in the spring/summer, so my maternity wardrobe is mostly skirts and dresses. I'm so over being uncomfortable! Bring on the leggings and dresses PLEASE.

I had my 1st appointment today! My midwife said that the spotting appears to be coming from my cervix, so it is nothing to be concerned about. She explained that the rising progesterone causes blood vessels to dilate, so the capillaries on my cervix are more likely to rupture. She still ordered an ultrasound for me for peace of mind (yay!) so I go for that on Tuesday. I will do my darndest to remember to plug that into the calendar when I'm done here, but I already have placenta brain, so no promises!

Otherwise, everything looks great. She could tell my the pelvic exam that baby is on the left side of my uterus, and now that she's said something, I totally notice more feeling over on that side! I'm just so excited to know that everything looks great and that baby appears to be growing on schedule. PHEW. Now maybe I can relax a little for the weekend, and then see a heartbeat on Tuesday!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #44
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeaton View Post
Jenny- I know how you feel. My DH has been out of town all this week, comes home for 2 days, and is gone all next week. I feel like I'm dying taking care of these 2 kids on my own with no help and no breaks. My house is a disaster, looking at the mess makes me want to puke. I feel like all I do is meal prep and feed the kids and everytime it grosses me out. Ughhh. I just need him home!
I am also eating salty - its the only thing I can stomach. Sprite is also helping, and I hate sprite!
I have the same set up. DH will be home tonight, Sat, and leave again Sun afternoon. This schedule will go on until the end of April at least. Then he'll be working out of town here and there thru June. And FINALLY, we should have him home on a NORMAL work schedule in July, for the first time in over a year. I'm DONE with this schedule!!!!!

Lauren, with my daughter, I could only stomach popcorn, and bagels with cream cheese. Hey, I thought i was doing good just to get something IN. But then my midwife told me both are lacking in any nutritional value. I was so bummed! I really couldn't eat anything else.

Well ladies, I'm adding sprite, and frozen french fries to the hubby's shopping list for his run tonight. Oh, and he offered to bring me home my fav redbrick pizza.....prochuto (sp?) and arugala (sp? lol) on gluten free crust. Even THAT doesn't sound managable, but I told him to go ahead and get it. Even if I can eat one piece here and there over the weekend, it'll get more good stuff in me than I'm getting in now. Today I've eaten 4 handfuls of potato chips, a few bites of granola bar, and a fruit leather. However, I'm feeling a bit more settled in the stomach after taking a nap, which is hard to do around here, but I made it happen today.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #45
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok....now the kids wanted cookies but we didn't have the ingredients.....so we made banana bread out of the frozen bananas instead .....DD said GOOD JOB MAMA.......so glad she could positive reinforce my choice of baked good

keme--- great deal on the clothes...I would've done it too! and i love your avi, it makes me laugh!

Last edited by MomdeIsla; 02-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
MomdeIsla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #46
GracieMak'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same here with the tiredness and nausea. DD's second birthday is on Monday and her party is tomorrow. I was supposed to go set up my moms house for the party today but my stupid van decided not to work. So that means i have to drag my tired, nauseous butt out of bed tomorrow morning and run to my moms and set up everything for the party a couple hours before it starts. . . :/ yuck. That should be fun
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #47
Michellelg
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whiiineeeee.

That's all I got

See you guys for the weekend edition.

Michelle
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #48
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I got what I asked for. :/ I puked twice today and have generally just felt horrible all. day. long.

When I tried to complain to my DH he just smiled and said, "that's good! It means your cooking a healthy bean!". Had he been standing closer I would have punched him in his eye.

But, I have to admit- todays yuckiness has made me feel a little better about things.

Alrighty ladies. Good night! xoxo