Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #21
abhernandez
Registered Users

Re: Weekend edition: 2/25-2/27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme View Post
Oh man, I am OBSESSED with names- I think about baby names even when I'm not pregnant, and my housemate Jess and I seriously discuss baby names like once a month...obsessed.

AHHHH I LOVE the name Lucia. It was on my long list by DH shot it down (he's so finicky!) I really like all of your names- they're all very strong names. Sweet choices!

AFM- Our names are tricky-they have to sound equally good in Spanish and English (as in, won't be butchered to death by either language) and it's surprisingly hard to find names I like equally in both languages. DH is convinced it's a girl and will only discuss girl names, so it'll be funny if it's a boy and we haven't thought about that at all.

For boy names I like Josue, Emiliano (I'd call him Milo, pronounced like me-lo), and Elian. For girls I like a lot, but the only ones that DH hasn't immediately shot down are Nayeli, Reyna, and Edith. DH wants Xochitl, which I think would be fine around here, but if she were to travel would be unpronouncible to a lot of people...but I do kinda like it anyway.

Oh, and DS (who is 3) wants Emilia- which is cute, he appears to have come up with it out of nowhere...I think it must be a twist on Emily from Thomas the Tank Engine?
It's funny... A lot of people tell me our names our strong and I like that! And we have the same Spanish- English thing. Since we live in Argentina, the Spanish is more important but I'd like English speakers to be able to say the name (which is why Guillermo is off the table... even if it's DH's father's name), I like Emilia, Emiliano, and Elian (and apparently all E names!)... Although in Argentina they always shorten names... so they'll call a man named Emiliano.. Emie. And it always makes me laugh. My husband's family also call him Ivie (Evie) so Ramon is a good name to prevent that from happening. I mean Ramie? That's flat out horrible. Even Argentines wouldn't do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchlish View Post
If this baby is a boy his name will be Grant. We have no clue on a middle name yet.

And if it's a girl? Man... we can't agree on anything. The only name I have suggested that DH hasn't vetoed immediately was Valerie. We also like Eliza.
LOVE Eliza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenashine View Post
You ladies have amazing taste in names. Almost all of my favorite names have been mentioned here today.. But most of them also belong to people I know so are out of the question. I find girls names are really easy to come up with, boys names are something else.
Obvs girly names are easy for you. You've got a lot of practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
Alice- we pronounce Silas with a long I and short s. S-eye-lus.

DH is picking the name and keeping it a secret. Nothing but surprises for us on delivery day.
ANd wow you have faith in your husband!

Advertisement

Last edited by abhernandez; 02-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
Ah, names. We have a list of names that we are both willing to consider. Our favorite boy name is Henry, but it is in the top 100 names, which has always been a no no for us. We might just have to break the rule on that. Not sure about a girl name yet...
I'm the same way, I hate names that are too popular. Unfortunately DS1's name is Mason, and it has picked up steam in the 3 years since he was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
It's funny... A lot of people tell me our names our strong and I like that! And we have the same Spanish- English thing. Since we live in Argentina, the Spanish is more important but I'd like English speakers to be able to say the name (which is why Guillermo is off the table... even if it's DH's father's name), I like Emilia, Emiliano, and Elian (and apparently all E names!)... Although in Argentina they always shorten names... so they'll call a man named Emiliano.. Emie. And it always makes me laugh. My husband's family also call him Ivie (Evie) so Ramon is a good name to prevent that from happening. I mean Ramie? That's flat out horrible. Even Argentines wouldn't do that!
Guillermo is really not that unusual or difficult to pronounce for english speakers.

We tend not to think about names until we know gender because we have the worst time agreeing on them. DS1 is Mason Christopher (Chris is DHs name), neither of us were really in love with the name Mason, but it was the only name we both didn't hate lol. DS2 is Isaac Alexander, no special meaning I just loved the name Isaac but DH wouldn't let me use it for DS1 because he didn't like it, but with my next pg since he knew how badly I wanted a girl he let me at least have the name I wanted.

I really don't like a lot of boys names, and the few I do DH hates or they're too popular for me to actually use. Gabriel, Gideon, Sebastian, Liam, and I like trade names, Thatcher, Cooper, Carter, Sawyer, Parker, etc. I think if this is another boy though it will probably end up being Boyd. With girls names, I like so many of them that it makes it just as hard to pick lol. If its a girl her name will more than likely be Charlotte Deanna (Deanna was my grandmothers name).
Old 02-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have to agree-- Guillermo isn't that bad for English speakers. I really love it, too! Reconsider the possibility, Alice!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
abhernandez
Registered Users

In argentina it geechermo. Becausr the pronounc the ll like in italian. You should hear my mama trying to say it. Hahaha. So... Yah. No. And I like Ramon and dh too. And it will mean so much to mil. Her father died young of cancer.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
aprilkek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have not even thought about names at this point, maybe because I've been to busy and exhausted! We have a rule that it can't be a popular name. We like to stay away from anything in the top 100.

So I woke up this morning and was too exhausted to even get out of bed. My husband brought be breakfast in bed and I stayed there on and off sleeping until 10:30. I couldn't function when I got up and ended up laying back down for a 2 hour nap around noon. I felt much better when I woke up. I was kind of scared I was getting really sick, but feel okay now. I don't think it will be a late night either. Although I do have a lot of work that I need to get done since I haven't done anything all day and we are trying to get our house on the market.

ZULILY! Join Swagbucks and Earn Free Money! Plum District The Mini Social Gilt Group One Kings Lane
aprilkek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just did our taxes. Can't wait to have another baby to get another credit... you know, the whole reason I'm having another kid!

Silas is on our list also. Silas Marner is a favorite of mine. Such a sweet story. I don't think DH likes it as much anymore though.

And, there are sooooo many names that I like that DH automatically vetoed. Ugh.

Ambie, I have a fear that Princess Kate and Prince William will have a baby boy and name him Henry and then it will be #1! Oh well. I really like the name, and you can't tell what's going to happen in the following year so whatever.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #27
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

If this is a girl, her name will be Mercy Alyssa. Mercy has a lot of meaning just b/c of the road my family (extended too) has endured these two years. His mercies are new every morning, and for us, its just always been Mercy. Alyssa is my middle name.
For a boy, we like Lynx and Arrow (um, yeah, we're not ones for super common names and we're getting braver with each kid, lol). My DH wants Lynx Arrow. Lynx just b/c we like it. Arrow is b/c after our 3rd, we learned more about what God meant about being blessed with a quiver full, and we felt convicted to leave the rest of our family's growth up to Him. This baby will be our first after switching our thoughts from what we want, to just trusting in His plan. So, though all our kids are "arrows in our quiver", this one would be our first arrow that we left in His hands. So, now you all think I'm crazy, BUT, that's the meaning behind it. LOL! B/c of the meaning, I want Arrow to be his first name. And DH likes that too, so I have a feeling that's what it'll be. But then we'd need a middle name b/c I think we both want to save Lynx for another first name down the road.
And Sheena, was it you who wanted another S name if its a girl? We love the name Selah for a girl and will probably use it for a girl down the road.
Great names ladies! Thanks for this little name game. I LOVE LOVE LOVE names, and this sure did chear me up! I woke up feeling better today and was so excited about it, only to have my bubble burst with DH acting weird. I don't know what's wrong with him as he won't let me "in". I have a feeling he's upset b/c after I bled after sex, I asked if we could hold off until after the 9 week ultrasound. He said he could understand that, and didn't want me stressing all the time. But now I think he's regretting agreeing to that. And that just pisses me off. But, he's not talking so I have no clue. I hate when we fight on the weekends after being apart all week. We rarely fight, so I just hate it!
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #28
abhernandez
Registered Users

Re: Weekend edition: 2/25-2/26

Jenny... that first try sex thing is hard. I just experienced pain after sex and my husband won't touch me now. He's terrified. More than I am. Hopefully we can relax after the u/s too.

And a funny thing happened today. When I first found out I was pregnant last time, I ordered 3 Greenline diaper covers... because I don't know why. I guess I was excited. And I had them shipped to my house. And then that pregnancy didn't work out. So when my mom came, she brought them but I was super sad about all things baby related so she just left them in the guest room closet without telling me. I'd actually remembered them recently and meant to ask her about them but I forgot. Well my friend is coming Monday so we decided to prep the guest room today (we treat it as a storage locker basically) and my husband found the three diaper covers. It was such a nice, happy surprise that it happened now.

Deanie.. When prince william and kate got engaged, it was a few months before our wedding that we had been planning for a year.... I was terrified they were going to steal our wedding date. It would suck to share your wedding date with such a famous couple. Luckily though... they went with the end of April and our wedding was March 5th (9 days!!!). I bet they have a baby soon though... and whatever they do name their kid is going to sky rocket in popular.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #29
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenny, not me who needed the "S" name. But I LOVE your names. <3 And while, I myself am not religious, I love how you came up with them It's going to make such a sweet story later.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks Sheena, that means a lot. Most people think we're crazy for leaving it up to God (even those around us who ARE religious) so I think they'll think the name Arrow is crazy. So its nice to hear that a non religious person thinks the story/name combo is sweet. Thanks! I'm prepared to get a lot of grief for his name. I think we won't tell IRL until after the babe is born, either way.

Corey, it was YOU who was looking for an S name. Sorry for not looking back. I was just too lazy and tired earlier.

My DH is finally opening up a bit. He apologized for making me upset. Said he was just in a funk but doesn't know why. I hope he comes around tomorrow. Either way, the weekend could have been way better than this.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote