Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
HOw do I teach DS to sleep without me

I love cosleeping, but he will not go to bed or nap if I am not laying down with him. Some days are better then others and I can get up after he is asleep, but some days like today are a disaster if I move a millimeter he wakes up.

This will not work with 2 under 2. How do I teach him to go to bed and take naps without me, without leaving him to scream himself to sleep in a crib.

I am so frustrated.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HOw do I teach DS to sleep without me

Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution (there is a section for toddlers)? You may be able to check out from the library. The author is a cosleeper, who is realistic with living with multiple young children. I don't have any personal experience to share, but many of my cosleeping friends said it helped them transition toddlers out (due to a new baby).
Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
ravenwoodmama
Registered Users
seller

There is an actual No Cry Sleep Solutions for Toddlers book too
ravenwoodmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Cool Ill see of amazon has it on kindle
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had the same concerns with my son- he would only nap with me next to him. One thing I did was I would put on soft, gentle music when we both laid down. After a few days I'd lay him down on my bed with the music, but I'd sit next to him and read. Then a bit after that he started to just fall asleep with the aid of the music. And eventually he didn't use the music, but every now and then we still put it on for him when he's having a hard time sleeping. Don't know if that's helpful, but he's always had a tough time going to sleep!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had to get dd out of my bed once I got pregnant. She wanted to nurse all night and with the extra sensitivity pregnancy brings I couldn't sleep like that anymore. I started with naps and would get her to sleep while I was holding her and then go lay her down in her crib. She always woke up and started crying but I would stand next the her crib and rub her back until she when back to sleep. I guess it's been about a month now since I started doing that and now I can just lay her down and leave after she finished nursing and she goes to sleep. Sometimes she cries out once or twice but usually not more than that and I always go back if it is.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme View Post
I had the same concerns with my son- he would only nap with me next to him. One thing I did was I would put on soft, gentle music when we both laid down. After a few days I'd lay him down on my bed with the music, but I'd sit next to him and read. Then a bit after that he started to just fall asleep with the aid of the music. And eventually he didn't use the music, but every now and then we still put it on for him when he's having a hard time sleeping. Don't know if that's helpful, but he's always had a tough time going to sleep!
We did something really similar to this. We got her "sleep music" on my ipod and put it on in her room. At first I laid down with her in the bed, then we switched to dh sitting next to her while she falls asleep. She does still wake up at 4 am and I usually go get in bed with her as she wakes up in a really bad mood and we haven't figured out how to help her back to sleep in that state without laying with her. I'm trying to teach her to just come get in my bed at that point but she really is so grumpy she can't walk across the house to our room. I plan on putting baby in a Arm's reach co sleeper so that if dd needs to come get in our bed it's still safe for baby. Do you have room to sidecar a cosleeper or a crib?