Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Updates

I am cross posting with Nov due daters.

Baby was found with a due date of Nov 4th, but a high chance I will have anotehr c scetion which would be in Oct, so I am going to be a rebel and hang out in both groups

I am a bit confused by the doctor, in one breath she talked about vbac and suggested I startw orking with a midwife and then in another makes comments about the short amountz of time and thats he thinks it will be a cesction anyway.

I am a bit upset that she would not give a direct medical opinion. If you are saying I think no matter what your scar is too weak and you will get a uterine rupture then that scares the crap out of me and I do not even want to try for vbac.

So I do not feel like I am much more secure in knowing my choices at this point.

I have the midwife I chose coming tomorrow and can of course talk to her as well, but I think she will be more of the try vbac no matter what mentality.

So I am totally confused and overwhelmed, scared, ect.

She got my medical records but they did not really explain what happened. Just that labors stopped and some nice thoughts about me haha. But not even mention of the failed induction attempts. So again no real conclusion this is what went wrong last time.

On a realted note, this doctor is pushing for me to get genetic testing done I am 28 no risk factors in our family aside form my mom having a muscular disorder and I would not abort even if I had a sick baby, so genetic testing is worthless right?

My midwife hinted that we may have issues with this doc and I wonder if this is what she means the full push for all tests ect. The genetic testing is out of pocket and I much rather put that money towards something like hypnobabies so if I do go for vbac I am prepared and can work through anxiety then waste it on test results I do not feel I need.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on seeing baby today! I agree about the testing, with no risk factors and if you wouldn't do anything differently, then it's worthless. Especially out of pocket!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Deanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Updates

I've been stalking you to see the results of your ultrasound... So glad they found the little buggar!!

About the testing, I'd ask if there's any kind of issue that can be dealt with in utero that they might find, you know... like how w/ spina bifida they can do in utero surgery? Other than that, yes I agree.

About your doctor, regardless of what the issues were last time and what you decide this time, one of the doctor's jobs is to explain what the hell is going on to you so you can have a say (as much as possible) in your health and your baby's health. If he's a typical OB who just rushes you through the appointments and doesn't explain stuff well to you, then I'd start asking all the other moms that I know in your area about their doc and what the like/dislike and find someone else. Otherwise, I know if I were in your position, I'd feel scared and in the dark about everything and that's the worst feeling to have.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd skip the testing if your mom's condition is not genetic. Congrats on seeing baby, sorry you're left so confused and with not much trust in your doctor
Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

It is genetic, but not anything that would make life not worth living. She has a cronic fautige condition. My grandmother is suspected to have the same.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well it sounds like you'll have enough information on what to expect and that's really all a consult would be able to provide anyways, so yeah skip it and do your hypnobabies!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
AmpMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was offered genetic testing (it's routine to offer it at my OB's office) and turned it down. My thinking is just like yours. I won't abort regardless and they told me none of the things they test for are treatable till after birth. Hopefully you can get some more direct answers from your OB next time! That would be frustrating.
AmpMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay! So glad they saw baby! What a relief! Congrats mama!!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

So glad for the update! GLAD they found that baby! I too would skip the genetic testing unless they had something specific in mind they were worried about that could be corrected in-utero. Especially since its out of pocket - EXPENSIVE! I think all offices have to offer it, but they shouldn't be so pushy about it. that would bug me too. Hopefully they are okay about you refusing it, and I hope you get a good consult about whether to do VBAC or not - that would scare me too!