Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Looking for one-pot meat/veg and egg/veg freezer meals

I want to have a decent amount of freezer meals in the freezer for when baby #3 is born. But I'm at a loss for ideas.

I can do soup--that is easy. But I would like to do some other meals, that if need be, can be a complete meal themselves. Like soup, you can eat just that, or do bread or salad if you want to.

So I need some meat and vegetable meal recipes. Preferably that is all in one container. A few specifics:
*No grain except rice--we are doing limited grains right now, but my 2nd is on very, very limited grains, but a little rice would be okay. If the recipes are just veggies and meat, that's better though.
*No sour cream or mayo--my husband isn't allergic, he just feels like puking if he eats those.
*Limited tomatoes--too many and my husband can't handle them either.
*No canned soup--I don't use it or have any.
*I do use seasonings, so those are fine!
*We eat lots of veggies, so I'm not scared of those.

I'm also wondering if there are any egg/vegetable/cheese recipes that freeze well too? I'd love some recipes if you have any!

Also any ideas for really simple, quick to put together, husband friendly meals would be great too! Like roast with potatoes and carrots--my hubby could do that easy enough.

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for one-pot meat/veg and egg/veg freezer meals

I think you just read my mind. I have been thinking of posting this same kind of post for a while to prepare the freezer before this baby. I will have to keep my eye on this thread. Most of my freezer meals are pasta or just chicken in some sort of sauce that you still have to make the rest of the meal at dinner time.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Meatloaf? I've made them both cooked and frozen and read to dump in the crockpot for cooking. Both are easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
abh5e8
Registered Users

Mashed potatoes actually freeze pretty well.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I think you just read my mind. I have been thinking of posting this same kind of post for a while to prepare the freezer before this baby. I will have to keep my eye on this thread. Most of my freezer meals are pasta or just chicken in some sort of sauce that you still have to make the rest of the meal at dinner time.
I didn't have freezer meals with either of my other two, but I'm not letting that happen this time! I know I'm going to need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
Meatloaf? I've made them both cooked and frozen and read to dump in the crockpot for cooking. Both are easy.
Thanks! I forgot about meatloaf. I haven't made it for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
Mashed potatoes actually freeze pretty well.
Thanks for the reminder!
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like to make meatloaf in cupcake tins for smaller portions then I can pull out enough out of the freezer for whoever is home.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #7
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kmrotski--In case you see this, I thought I would tell you what I put in the freezer.

*Taco meat--we love taco salad, and my hubby can easily cut lettuce/veggies, shred cheese, and warm up the meat.
*Lasagne--I put this in some smaller, aluminum pans that can just be thrown away.
*Chicken and potato wedges--leftovers from a meal this week.
*Soup
*Split pea soup--leftovers from this week too.
*Egg casserole--eggs, sausage, veggies and cheese.
*Egg muffins--eggs, veggies, sausage and cheese.

I also have a bit of cooked sausage and ham that can be used for something. Some cooked rice, cooked beans and broth.

I will also be putting some sourdough bread in the freezer, probably tomorrow.

My freezers are getting a bit full, so I don't think I will make more meals. But I have 18 supper meals and 8 lunch ones. So I'm pretty happy with that!