Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Has anyone written a letter to yourself?

We're going to TTC #3 soon... and with the past 2, I've gotten so miserable towards the end (52 and 61 pounds gained) and once my BP crept just a tiny bit up, my midwives offered induction and I readily agreed. They didn't say it had to be done, more like "we can help speed things up if you'd like" and left the decision totally up to me. Everything turned out perfectly with both as far as L&D goes - except that it was started with induction. I'm really curious what my body would do if left to go into labor on it's own. So, all this to say - I'm thinking about writing my 38+ week self a letter ... from the either non pregnant me or from the newly pregnant me reminding myself NOT to give in and all the reasons why I shouldn't give in because it's so easy to say yes when they offer to help out... has anyone else done something like that?

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
g-offsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Has anyone written a letter to yourself?

Nope, but as someone who is currently 38+6 and MISERABLE, I think that is a FABULOUS idea! I've been planning a natural, intervention -free hypnobabies VBAC for this baby since before I got pregnant, but at this point I've "entertained" (not seriously, I just joke about it) the idea of a repeat c/s just so I can be done. I'm also considering letting my OB strip my membranes at my appt on Tuesday, which I never thought I'd be comfortable with. It's amazing how much your willpower is tested in these last few weeks!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Has anyone written a letter to yourself?

I'm 40 weeks pregnant and while I haven't written a letter to myself, I doubt it would do much for my mood if I had and were to read it now. In fact I'd probably burst into tears out of frustration. I'm miserable and while I'd love my body to just go into labor on its own, an induction sounds so nice right now, especially since I know I'm dilating and all. I've had false labor once recently and off and on contractions for a month. At this point I just want my water to break so I can go in, get a pitocin in a couple hours after and then get the epidural just like I had with DS so that this baby will get out of me.

Seriously, I will sleep so much better once this baby is born. If I want a really good nights worth of sleep I have to take a benadryl otherwise I'm waking up to minor contractions, discomfort, etc. It makes me never want to be pregnant again.

However, it might work for you. Each pregnancy is different and if you ask me, birth is just a small fraction of parenthood. If it takes an induction to get the baby out for valid health reasons and all, there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by blueone; 04-29-2012 at 11:06 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote