Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toothpaste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Oh, should mention Ecodent, which I really like, but no one else uses it. It is a powder, not a paste.
this is my favorite

Advertisement

terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #12
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

What an interesting thread! I don't wish to hijack it but would like to add a question.

I have very thin enamel and somewhat recessed gums on my sensitive teeth (this was in large part b/c I didn't go to the dentist at all for about 7 years--NOT a good place to cut your budget/efforts). What this means is that I cannot use any abrasive based toothpaste. I CAN NOT use baking soda on my teeth and cannot use brands like Colgate (only less abrasive brands like Aquafresh and perha[s Crest). The popular enameling strengthening toothpaste is actually a no-no for me b/c the minerals they put in it to do the strengthening are much too abrasive.

Anyhow, all this makes it tricky to look into natural toothpastes, as they generally seem to be on the very abrasive end. If any of you who have commented can say that your natural toothpaste is low abrasion and contains no baking soda, I would be interested to hear from you!

Here is what I currently use: Once per day I use either aquafresh or a prescription toothpaste that I have needed to help my enamel. The rest of the day I go natural. I have been using Peelu powder. (I had to empty my container--which was designed poorly--into a glass jar that I dip my wet toothbrush into). I am fine with doing this, but it is both too inconvenient and too awful tasting (like something burnt) for kids to use. The taste rinses out completely, so I do not mind it. But a more convenient replacement for the future and for travel would be welcome. I will keep my eye on this thread! Thank you!
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
cantwaitfornumber2
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies for all the answers! I will keep trying different ones until we find a hit!!!! :-)
cantwaitfornumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #14
MicrofiberMama
Registered Users

Our current fave: https://www.amazon.com/Desert-Essenc...eem+toothpaste
MicrofiberMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #15
hopeworks
Registered Users
seller

I second Dr. Bronners toothpaste. My kids use this too.
I also like Dessert Essense toothpaste when I need something stronger for myself.
hopeworks is offline   Reply With Quote