Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
takasmom
Registered Users

Re: Please pray for us tonight. I'm in tears...

mama sorry i only just saw this now but hope you and your little one made it through the night ok

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I had seen this yesterday. I used to work in dentistry (ortho, braces) and I would have suggested using a piece of gauze or very small piece of a cotton ball over the biting surface of the tooth each time he nurses. We have suggested that for people with braces with much success. You would just have to make sure to take it off as soon as he finishes, although, you would have had to do that with ortho wax too. Anyway, I really hope his appt went well and all is fixed. I hope you heal quickly since obviously you have some nipple trama from this too.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hoping today is going better for you & your DS, mama!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #14
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I hope things are going better today My daughter broke one of her top front teeth when she was a little bit under a year. It was torture to nurse her until it got fixed She hated going to the dentist to have it fixed but we were lucky to have a really great patient dentist. I was terrified that she would be traumatized by it, but when she had to go back and have it worked on when she was older it was no big deal. Big hugs!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
trippsmom
Registered Users
seller

Location: Little Rock, but my heart is still in Greenville, AL
My Mood:

We made it! I'm a sore, but we did it. And almost $900 worth of work later, we are good to go. He had to have an xray (did awesome, we got it with the first try), 1 pulpectomy, and 2 crowns! I was glad that I hadn't taken the truck in for tires yet. It was $325 out of pocket due to vanity. I could NOT let my baby walk around for the next 5-7 years with two silver teeth right there in the front. When the doc examined him he told me to check his nipples and pacifiers for weekness caused by the sharp edge. I just looked at him and said, "yeah, I'm bleeding". The nurse consoled me later on, she'd nursed her kids and got what I meant. The doc just laughed.
Rachel- CPST - wife to Lester and blessed to be the cd-ing, bw-ing, delay/selective vaxing and extended r****** and b****** pt-SAHM to my little man Tripp 12/22/07 And Aubrey Elisabeth 11/20/2009 My all natural drug-free hospital birth!
Riding in 2 Radian XTSL's, a Coccoro and True Fit Premier
trippsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippsmom View Post
We made it! I'm a sore, but we did it. And almost $900 worth of work later, we are good to go. He had to have an xray (did awesome, we got it with the first try), 1 pulpectomy, and 2 crowns! I was glad that I hadn't taken the truck in for tires yet. It was $325 out of pocket due to vanity. I could NOT let my baby walk around for the next 5-7 years with two silver teeth right there in the front. When the doc examined him he told me to check his nipples and pacifiers for weekness caused by the sharp edge. I just looked at him and said, "yeah, I'm bleeding". The nurse consoled me later on, she'd nursed her kids and got what I meant. The doc just laughed.
LOL about the doc/nurse comments I don't blame you about avoiding the silver crowns, we didn't do that either. We actually had a brush on type bonding put on instead of a full crown. It has held pretty well but it did come off when dd was eating a piece of sticky dried fruit, so she had to have it re-done. I'm glad my dd is almost to the age to start losing teeth, I will be so glad when that one falls out
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #17
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: Please pray for us tonight. I'm in tears...We made it. Update on dentist visit to

Glad to hear it went well. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery! on both accounts. My nipples hurt enough the way it is, I can't imagine what you're going thru!! (p.s. I'd have spent the extra 325, too...)
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
eco-baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please pray for us tonight. I'm in tears...We made it. Update on dentist visit to

Thanks for the update mama, glad to hear you made it! I'da been coughing up the extra csh too, it's worthi it