Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Monzie
Registered Users

NIP sighting at the Red Dot Boutique

I was so thrilled this afternoon when I was walking into Target with my kiddo and I saw a momma sitting in the cafe at the front of the store, nursing her baby. She wasn't covered up or huddled in a corner. She was just sitting there in the open, facing the front window, calmly feeding her baby. I wanted to run inside and tell her that she was awesome. I also kinda wanted to sit someplace nearby in case anyone tried to hassle her.

I feel kinda weird for getting so excited about seeing someone else bf'ing. But you know, even in a crunchy town like Madison, I rarely see anyone nursing in public. So, when I see another nursing mother, it makes me feel less alone.

Advertisement

Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NIP sighting at the Red Dot Boutique

I always smile and say way to go or something when I see a nursing mama. I love when people make encouraging comments to me too!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure everyone already knows this but i just found this out and thought it was really great. LLL has notes that you can hand out that say something like " thanks for breastfeeding in public ...etc etc..all kinds of nice things" that you can hand to mamas you see BF in public. I thought it was a fantastic idea..and would be great encouragement
Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Caidensmom
Registered Users

I know! I have yet to come across another mother NIP. Openly that is, iv seen one, but she was covered from neck to knee. Wish there were more BFing AP moms in my area!
Caidensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
Kristi17
Registered Users
seller

I know what you mean, that's awesome! I know that I have become alot more adventurous in my nursing places, lol. On the football field, in the diner at the table and so on.
I do cover up a little, not because I'm embarrassed that I'm nursing, it's because I'm SO self concious of my GIANT boobs! They were pretty giant before all my kids anyway, but they are at an all time high now! 38 E for God's sake!!!!! LOL
Kristi
Kristi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

that's awesome, i've not seen that in my area and it makes me feel really alone nursing my almost 11 month while she does acrobatics and tries to look around.