Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Deoderant

Havent read through replies but wanted to add an FYI.

I am a huge sweater! Nervous issues and I overheat easily. I have used the heavy duty stuff that's next to getting a scrip and that didnt even work!

I have been using nat. deo for almost two months and my sweating has gone down by at lest 1/2! Course at first I had to apply and reapply a couple times through the day (I have the crystal but really needed the scent to help...I have HH and adore it!).

So carry some in your purse or something!

PS- Oh and I am just starting not to have to reapply through out the day! I even asked a friend to smell me! LOL. A little awkward but eh shes my bf and can get over it, hahaha - at lest she said I smelled good!

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
http://exconsumer.com/diy-homemade-c...oil-deodorant/

I've been using this for 3 weeks, and I've had no stink at all! And I live in hot Florida.
(I used cornstarch and tea tree oil)

I put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes after I made it and it firmed up. It's on my bathroom counter now (in a small mason jar), and it has the consistency of firm lip gloss.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #13
MicrofiberMama
Registered Users

I recommend trying Primal Pit Paste- I like the strong version- if you have sensitive skin, they have something that can help your skin acclimate. I've used it for a few years and it has really worked well!! Even through workouts!
MicrofiberMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
diaperjenny
Registered Users
seller

My sister lives in Texas where it's super hot...she puts Milk of Magnesia in a roller bottle and that's what her family uses. They still sweat, but don't stink, plus they get magnesium. I haven't tried this yet but plan to when my batch of coconut oil/baking soda stuff runs out.
diaperjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #15
diaperjenny
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrofiberMama View Post
I recommend trying Primal Pit Paste- I like the strong version- if you have sensitive skin, they have something that can help your skin acclimate. I've used it for a few years and it has really worked well!! Even through workouts!
Does this keep you from armpit sweating, or just keep you from smelling bad? My daughter would love this if it alleviates some sweat!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #16
erinofgod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been using piperwai since I saw them on shark tank. It took a couple of weeks for my body to "detox" since I had been using dove deodorant for so many years. I also had to reapply some days for several months. Now, I just use it in the morning. I sweat a lot less, very rarely get wet stains on my shirts anymore. It's made with activated charcoal and essential oils. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erinofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #17
diaperjenny
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinofgod View Post
I have been using piperwai since I saw them on shark tank. It took a couple of weeks for my body to "detox" since I had been using dove deodorant for so many years. I also had to reapply some days for several months. Now, I just use it in the morning. I sweat a lot less, very rarely get wet stains on my shirts anymore. It's made with activated charcoal and essential oils. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks sharing your experience with piperwai...i'm going to check it out for my daughter.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #18
Smy42
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used native deodorant for a while. It's not antiperspirant but it does keep you from smelling! I reapplied it in the afternoons sometimes. Nothing compares to antiperspirant with aluminum!
Smy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 AM   #19
AngelikaUnicorn
Registered Users

I've heard from multiple people that the baking soda containing deodorants cause browning of the skin of the armpit, which some believe to be a yeast related response. Diet changes would alter this reaction. I've tried many natural deodorants including the crystal which lost effectiveness over time, homemade recipe found from wellness mama blog, primal pit paste, lavanilla from sephora which was ineffective and the smell was cloying.
In the end, I'm a true fan of Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant found on Amazon. Very effective, not a fan of the original scent but the aloe, rose and sandalwood are great. No baking soda so good for sensitive skin.
AngelikaUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #20
diaperjenny
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikaUnicorn View Post
I've heard from multiple people that the baking soda containing deodorants cause browning of the skin of the armpit, which some believe to be a yeast related response. Diet changes would alter this reaction. I've tried many natural deodorants including the crystal which lost effectiveness over time, homemade recipe found from wellness mama blog, primal pit paste, lavanilla from sephora which was ineffective and the smell was cloying.
In the end, I'm a true fan of Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant found on Amazon. Very effective, not a fan of the original scent but the aloe, rose and sandalwood are great. No baking soda so good for sensitive skin.
Another great option to check out!