Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
JRichardson
Registered Users

Re: What SLS Free Fluoride Toothpastes do you use for the family?

Kids use fluoride free Toms, and I use Young Living Dentarome Ultra. Haven't been able to get the hubs to hop on the bandwagon... yet

Advertisement

JRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:01 AM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Thanks!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

So I got the Natural Dentist Toothpaste - whitening - and it feels like the cleans VERY well. The flavor is peppermint twist which reminds me of Christmas (cinnamon and mint) which is okay but it doesn't last... I've never used a toothpast whos flavor disappears when I'm half done. After the flavor leaves its somewhat unpleasant but it might just be because its werid. I think I'm getting use to it. I also have uses a half portion for the top teeth and a half for the bottom teeth and the flavor lasts the whole time - but its kinda a pain to stop the toothbrush to reapply. Since it cleans SO well I'm going to try and keep using it.

My son uses the grape without complaining though I think he might have liked the Kiss my face berry better.

Kiss my face cleans adequately too. the JASON beyond tasting horrible I felt like it didn't clean well either.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-05-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #14
melichurchill
Registered Users

We use Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Botanique Toothpaste Neem and Pomegranate from vitacost.com
melichurchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:37 AM   #15
greenacres
Registered Users
seller

I make my own remineralizing and whiting paste using weedemandreap DOT com recipe. We love it, would never go back to store bought stuff, even the natural toothpastes have glycerin which coats your teeth and doesn't allow them to properly remineralize. We also oil pull with coconut oil, I have a nurse friend who has X-ray proof she healed cavities with oil pulling. The homemade recipe requires quite a few ingredients, but once you collect them all, it's cheaper than store bought organic. I bought most of it on amazon.

Here's the recipe:1/2 c. filtered water
1/4 c. bentonite clay (Indian healing clay, great for facials too!)
2 TBS. calcium/magnesium powder powder
3 TBS. coconut oil
1/4 tsp. unprocessed salt (we use Real Salt brand)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
10 drops trace minerals
20 drops of the Protective blend essential oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil (or DIY thieves oil blend,google it)
Stevia (to taste - go slow, a tiny bit can go a long way!) (I don't use this)

Mix in food processor and store in glass.
greenacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #16
MicrofiberMama
Registered Users

Definitely give Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil and Neem Toothpaste, 176g (6.25 OZ) a try!!! It's been my favorite natural, non-flouride toothpaste that I've used to date! I have tried many! You can get it on amazon or in health food stores.
MicrofiberMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #17
Lindobebe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What SLS Free Toothpastes w/ Fluoride do you use for the family?

Will be trying one soon whats the best for kids flavor wise? Mine do not like minty as its hot to them
Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

DD likes the berry flavor from kiss my face. DS just used the Strawberry Toms, its what he prefers even though it does have SLS, they claim its from better sources... who knows. DS didn't have any issues with the other flavor though, he used up the bottles. The Natural Dentist Grape clumped more, like there was always clumps of toothpaste in the sink. Other toothpastes it's just the foam skids. So maybe it didn't break up as well?