Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #21
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does it ever make you sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
I'm expecting my 5th via 5th C/S in about a month . It's possible! Find an OB who has experience with multiple C/S and supports your decision to have a big family. Ask the OB during your C/S if it is safe for you to have another baby at that time and make a note of what they tell you. You may have to visit several OB's before you find this. I did. My doctor has done 6-8 C/S's on mamas before so he's fairly comfortable with multiple C/S's. He has 4 kids of his own so he's been supportive of our decision to have a large family. I've heard of mamas having 8-9 C/S (one is a FB friend of mine and one has a blog) without much of an issue. I have had a uterine window in my 4th C/S meaning the doc could see the baby through the uterus thinning and didn't need a knife to cut through that part of my uterus...that said - he said that happens to women in multiple pregnancies and no history of C/S but they don't know about it when they deliver vaginally. This time the only real thing he's doing different is an U/S at 36 weeks to check my uterus and see if it's thinning. I do know that there is a chance of the need for a hysterectomy due to complications (but that's always a risk right?) and after 5 babies I'm going to find a way to be okay with that if it happens...I hope to have maybe 6 or more some day and I will ask my doc during this C/S if that's possible/recommended or not. I know there are increased risks with multiple C/S's, but there are also increased risks with multiple pregnancies/deliveries in general and you never really know what is going to happen. I trust my doc and I believe God has blessed us with these kids and I try to enjoy the blessings try to not really 'worry' about how they get here.

Basically - you CAN still have the large family you want - don't give up. If you want to try for a VBAC do so, if it's not successful IT"S NOT THE END OF THE LINE...having a C/S doesn't necessarily restrict the size of your family . Find a good OB you trust and ask the hard questions and don't accept the first 'NO' you receive .
This mom has great insight. My own obgyn was totally on board with multiple c-sections. His wife had five!

The doc who delivered my second child specifically mentioned how my scar tissue looked and noted it in my records for future pregnancies.

Advertisement

NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
SVazquez
Registered Users

My Mood:

I will be having my 5th CS this December. My OB wants it to be the last one, stating the odds of complications go up at #6. She did say it would not be a big deal to have more if we spaced them 3yrs (or more) apart. I really wanted to complete my family by 35 so I am calling it quits now. On a bright note my 4th CS was the easiest recover and baby.
SVazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
mommytomanyboys
Registered Users

I feel the same way. I have had 6 c-sections and after my last i had my tubes removed. My OB said i could have more but i am really scared up and i could have major problems if i got pregnant again. Now that my baby is 1, it make me sad that i wont ever have a newborn again. I want to adopt but DH isnt sure about it.
mommytomanyboys is offline   Reply With Quote