Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #141
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July Chat

Hopefully she just had some life happen and is extremely busy. Or having a bad connection--when I've tried to send a message and failed so many times, I shorten to just the essential info to keep trying to send it.

I wondered about UTI too and debated taking him in to the dr. Well last night I told DH I was trying to decide about getting him an appointment for it and we came to the conclusion that DH (who gets them ready for bed) has not been sending him to the bathroom before bed. Uhhhh really? You've been getting up with him in the middle of the night and it didn't occur to you to make him go BEFORE bed??? So we'll start with that. You know, like in parenting 101.

But I did take baby Timothy in today. He has a mass on his neck. Last night he turned his head a certain way so that all his chins shifted (seriously, he has gained 3 lbs since birth 5 weeks ago!) and I could see a large lump. It's hard and big. Not a lymph node, dr. doesn't know *what* is is but is confident it isn't something very bad. Ultrasound and follow up next week.

Advertisement

zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #142
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shoulder is ok! Xray said no break but he is still being kind of a whiner about it.

Sorry you're still feeling down Alga. :/

Neck lump sounds alarming to me. Hopefully it's nothing.

That seller does sound incredibly frustrating. Hopefully you get your things and everything is fine.

First day of school went great! We are trying out a new schedule this year, so we may have to do some tweaking, but I was really pleased with yesterday.

Sewed a dress yesterday that will work for now, later pregnancy, and nursing, so I'm pretty excited about that. Plus it's comfy and won't wrinkle, and it only cost $4! Thank you cheap Wal-Mart knit!!

I can't remember what else. Kids are writing so I don't have long.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #143
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Shoulder is ok! Xray said no break but he is still being kind of a whiner about it.

Sorry you're still feeling down Alga. :/

Neck lump sounds alarming to me. Hopefully it's nothing.

That seller does sound incredibly frustrating. Hopefully you get your things and everything is fine.

First day of school went great! We are trying out a new schedule this year, so we may have to do some tweaking, but I was really pleased with yesterday.

Sewed a dress yesterday that will work for now, later pregnancy, and nursing, so I'm pretty excited about that. Plus it's comfy and won't wrinkle, and it only cost $4! Thank you cheap Wal-Mart knit!!

I can't remember what else. Kids are writing so I don't have long.

I'm glad David is ok!

What's the new schedule?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #144
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

UTI would have been my thought with the wetter too, but it sounds like DH is to blame!!

Schedule--This year all the kids *must* be out of bed by 7. Most of them easily do this on their own, but sometimes not Keegan. Breakfast must be finished by 7:30, and morning chores done by 7:45. School starts at 7:45. And then we've set up a new schedule for our school day....history from 7:45-8:30, etc. Of course none of it is set in stone and we may end up changing some stuff up but we're going to try it and see how it goes.

Last year we did 3 weeks on and 1 off. I am debating keeping that going this year, or doing 4 days a week. So we don't exactly have everything ironed out, but I'd like to see how things go for a bit before figuring that out.

Last edited by jen_batten; 08-02-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:19 AM   #145
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I want to know about the dress! Did you use a pattern? I've about given up on nursing-friendly dresses but would still love to find one if I could.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #146
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
UTI would have been my thought with the wetter too, but it sounds like DH is to blame!!

Schedule--This year all the kids *must* be out of bed by 7. Most of them easily do this on their own, but sometimes not Keegan. Breakfast must be finished by 7:30, and morning chores done by 7:45. School starts at 7:45. And then we've set up a new schedule for our school day....history from 7:45-8:30, etc. Of course none of it is set in stone and we may end up changing some stuff up but we're going to try it and see how it goes.

Last year we did 3 weeks on and 1 off. I am debating keeping that going this year, or doing 4 days a week. So we don't exactly have everything ironed out, but I'd like to see how things go for a bit before figuring that out.
We have pretty much always done a 4 day week, even at the high school level. Well, sort of. On Tuesdays we have co-op, so technically they are doing school, but they don't do our usual stuff on co-op day unless they chose to. Autumn did schoolwork just about every day, but that was because of working.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #147
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I want to know about the dress! Did you use a pattern? I've about given up on nursing-friendly dresses but would still love to find one if I could.
Dress pattern-- https://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/...xi-dress-more/
This has a TON of options, so you could make several and them still be all different. I did the empire waist with nursing bodice, knee length skirt. I added like 3 inches to the front panel to make it maternity friendly as well.

ETA 5oo4 patterns has several nursing options. All these-- https://5outof4.com/product-category/nursing/ and many of them can be made into dresses. I can try to dig up some more options if you want.

ETA again--Looks like love notions has a couple dresses that can have nursing access. https://www.lovenotions.com/?s=Nursi...t_type=product I think I have the bluezette but have never made it.

Last edited by jen_batten; 08-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #148
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you Jen!!!
Old 08-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #149
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to check out those patterns too. I have the Catherne's Choice pattern from Baker Lane and I like the dress but don't love it.

That's a relief about his shoulder!

Yup DH made him go potty before bed and he didn't need to go at night...duh.

Washer pump isn't working again. The NEW pump!
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote