Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

May 14 Chatter

Ready for a new thread?

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: May 14 Chatter

The beach countdown is on for us!!! I'm so excited I'm floating.

We have a week of school to get through first.

Our computer crashed and we did without for a week. Another one is on the way now, thank goodness.

I found some Chirpy clothes for clearance prices last night. My oldest needed some more play skirts and I found some for nearly half the cost of what I usually pay.

Everyone has a bathing suit either here or on the way. I have been figuring out packing plans.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay for beach vacations! I kind of find a weird bliss in planning packing arrangments... I'm so odd. Lol.

We are planning a trip to Florida at the end of summer to finally visit DHs parents new home there and celebrate our summer boys birthdays. It will be our first family vacation. The boys and I have taken trips but DH never gets to come so I'm excited.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Well, we survived gradutaion. And the party. And the several extra people in our home. Mom and Dad are heading out after lunch today, but Oma is here for a few more days. She flies home Thursday. But, Wednesday and Thursday I have 2 fewer kids at home, as the older two are volunteering at Special Olympics. Had my phone interview for the library and I have no idea how I did. I should know within the next 2 weeks if they want to do an inperson interview, and within two weeks after that if they want to offer me the position. So, yeah. Hate the waiting, but no control over it. Ava is here for I don't know how long. The plan was for her to come for a few weeks and go to camp with Natalie at the end of May, but Andrew said he talked with Joe (his brother -- Ava's dad) and Joe said so long as she's home by September. We were planning on going up in July anyway, but I hadn't anticipated having an extra child that long. It's certainly not a problem for her to stay, but it does throw a bit of a kink in a few things.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Well, we survived gradutaion. And the party. And the several extra people in our home. Mom and Dad are heading out after lunch today, but Oma is here for a few more days. She flies home Thursday. But, Wednesday and Thursday I have 2 fewer kids at home, as the older two are volunteering at Special Olympics. Had my phone interview for the library and I have no idea how I did. I should know within the next 2 weeks if they want to do an inperson interview, and within two weeks after that if they want to offer me the position. So, yeah. Hate the waiting, but no control over it. Ava is here for I don't know how long. The plan was for her to come for a few weeks and go to camp with Natalie at the end of May, but Andrew said he talked with Joe (his brother -- Ava's dad) and Joe said so long as she's home by September. We were planning on going up in July anyway, but I hadn't anticipated having an extra child that long. It's certainly not a problem for her to stay, but it does throw a bit of a kink in a few things.

Glad you survived!!!

I would not relish an extra child for that long. I love it when my nieces and nephews come, but I love it even more when I see their tail lights.

I know that's horrible to say, but they are so different than us, it's hard sometimes. Has she stayed with y'all for an extended period before?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Yay for beach vacations! I kind of find a weird bliss in planning packing arrangments... I'm so odd. Lol.

We are planning a trip to Florida at the end of summer to finally visit DHs parents new home there and celebrate our summer boys birthdays. It will be our first family vacation. The boys and I have taken trips but DH never gets to come so I'm excited.

Where in FL?

You're not odd. We are kindred spirits.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Where in FL?

You're not odd. We are kindred spirits.
They live about 45 mins from Orlando.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

That sounds like so much fun Chirpy!

That's a long time to wait about the interview Talla, and a long time for a guest. Hopefully both things go well!

Did 2 well visits this morning and nothing big on the docket other than that today. We have quite a bit of leftover food from the weekend so cooking should be easy this week.

I am still having posting issues. I can't see them until someone else posts after me.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We have not had anyone come stay for an extended time. But, Ava is easy to get along with, helpful, all around good kid. She is also homeschooled with parents that hold her accountable for her actions, so very similar to how our kids are raised.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #10
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok, so. My system seems to be all messed up. I am late--but don't really feel pregnant and have tested BFN. I think it's mostly stress/excitement from everything we've had going on and it's just thrown off my schedule. I'm not as regular as some anyway. But I have also had some round ligament pain which I've never had except when pregnant. And slightly achy boobs for a week--which could easily mean impending period or pregnancy but so far I got nothing. Thoughts??

PS--do slightly expired pregnancy tests work? I would think so?

Last edited by jen_batten; 05-14-2018 at 12:28 PM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote