Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

Christian mamas??

Thank you for all your encouragement. I'm doing ok. The trials are many. My husband is still working out of state and hasn't found a house yet. I've had 2 miscarriages in the last 2 months. I do know God would only do what is best for His children. I'm just trying to trust and hold on.

My husband sent me the youtube link to the song "I am not alone" I cried and cried and let all the hurt I had inside come out for the first time.

Advertisement

Last edited by elienai; 05-22-2015 at 12:47 AM.
elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:37 AM   #12
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christian mamas??

I'm praying for you! I've had many losses over the past 9 years and I remember how difficult the first years were. A verse that really helped me was Romans 12:1:

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him."

That might seem like a strange verse for comfort to some~but I made up my mind that I was going to live this verse out, and if God wanted to use me to populate heaven, then so be it.

This verse also helped me so much: Job 1:21b "The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!"

Along with this one: Job 13:15a "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him."

In hindsight I can see how much God has grown my faith, my absolute trust in Him over the years through my losses. It was all purely God's grace and mercy. We may not understand why, but we can know that He truly loves us and is working all things together for our good. I know it is hard to see now, while you are hurting so much. I am praying God will give you your own special word, verse, vision or dream to comfort and strengthen you. Keep looking to Him!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #13
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christian mamas??

Just wanted to pop in and offer a hug. We just had two miscarriages in a row also, and it's been tough. My biggest comfort through it all is knowing that God holds those little lives in his hand, and that he brings us through this with a purpose. He promises to work all things for the good of those who love him, and so this also is happening to make us better and bring us closer to him.
I found the song "Blessings" by Laura Story to be helpful (YouTube will find it for you) and you might also like "Not For A Moment" by Meredith Andrews and "Never Once" by Matt Redman.