Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks. Unfortunately due to my remote location I can only use a known donor and they need to ship to me. I've only found one that has had success with longer shipping times. I would like to try another donor but it's not an option.

Advertisement

Michele (29) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Following my heart and adopting a child with Down Syndrome from Inda
Have $5? Please consider donating to my Adoption Fundraiser
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #12
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: So Tired But Can't Give Up...

Aww...hugs. That's so hard. I know the logistics of it can be really stressful, in and of itself, trying to plan a "vacation" using holiday time from work, to be somewhere else larger with cryostorage and have it match up during that part of your cycle...well, it's likely to be just too much to plan. Maybe you could discreetly find out if there's any infertile couples in your area that would be willing to split the cost of cryoshipping with you from one of the big banks, like Xytex. Although that's not the sort of thing you just post on Facebook or paste an ad up near the water cooler. Lol. Sorry, if it seems like I'm poking fun. I am just trying to bring you a laugh, cause I know first-hand how totally sh***y it is.

Hugs.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #13
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unfortunately where I live is so remote that sperm banks won't ship. Also it's a small community so highly unlikely that anyone would be interested. I would pay for shipping/sperm if I could but shipping isn't possible.

Humour is good. Really needed when things just don't seem to go right lol
Michele (29) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754 View Post
Unfortunately where I live is so remote that sperm banks won't ship. Also it's a small community so highly unlikely that anyone would be interested. I would pay for shipping/sperm if I could but shipping isn't possible.

Humour is good. Really needed when things just don't seem to go right lol

Why don't you travel to a clinic with better options? Many people fly in from several states away to do ART procedures with my clinic. You can be monitored & do labs locally while traveling for better donor options & treatment protocols.

Many egg & sperm donor databases have tons of listings for donors who are willing to travel for fresh cycles if you are against traveling yourself.

Last edited by raymark; 08-21-2014 at 09:27 AM.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tried working with a clinic but I can't get to them as often as they want and I can't get time off work to fly there as soon as I get a positive opk. It's expensive to fly, most of the year it would cost over $2000 per cycle just in flights.

I've talked with a few donors willing to come up here. Cost is still the main problem but housing is another. I only have a one bedroom apartment and there is no hotel or anything in the community. I hate having people in my house let alone an overnight stranger. Then I'd have to cook too since there are no restaurants lol. Also I live in such a small community that everyone would know my business and I'm not comfortable with that.

I was going to do ivf this summer but dealing with the clinic was hard (because of such tight time constraints) and was going to cost me for one cycle more than the adoption process. At least with adoption I know I'm getting more than just debt.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #16
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm back again.... it's been about 9 months since ttcing but I'm jumping in again. Adoption has just been one heartbreak after another and I'm tired. I'm taking a year off work to try to lose weight and get my life back together. During that time I'm going to be ttcing with my known donor again (actually starting next cycle). The next two cycles will be long shipping times but then after than we will be inseminating within 24 hours of a positive opk with fresh sperm. I'm hoping to get into a clinic in the fall to have a lap done and if still not pregnant by next summer I plan on freezing some embryos for surrogacy and maybe do a transfer depending on the state of my endo at the time.

I'll admit.... I'm really tired.... it's been over two years on this journey and I'm currently planning on at least two more (if I end up doing surrogacy). I always planned on being a mom before 25 and now I'll be lucky if I'm one before I'm 30.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
AuntyK27
Registered Users
seller

Just want to say I hope it all works out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AuntyK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #18
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks.