Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Blood and clots? Possible Miscarraige/Ectopic Pregnancy

Feeling really scared today, need some advice... Yesterday morning after my usual 1hr nursing session with my baby (yesterday was his first birthday), I started spotting. No big deal I thought. I have had spotting in 2 other pregnancies, so I didn't feel very concerned. Then I noticed a clump of small clots in the toilet, very dark red. I nursed again later that morning and felt a lot of pressure in my pelvis/uterus. I went to the bathroom again to find light bleeding and more clots. I ran to do some reading and came back to examine my cervix and the clots. My cervix is high and soft, but closed as it should be. When I removed my hand I pulled out a large clump of blood stretchy, stringy blood with more tiny clots in it. This is RED and the clumps are dark I pulled them apart and noted some had a clearish/brownish/fibrous look, though only tiny stringy bits. I ran to the store soon after to get some goatsmilk for my 1yr old and decided to stop nursing temporarily. I had a pain to one side walking in the parking lot and came home to find a gush of blood on my pad, but for the rest of the day only spotting what looked like fresh blood. No cramping, but some lower back pain/pelvic pain which is normal for me any other day of the year.

This morning I woke up feeling fine. I went to the bathroom and there was a scant amount of dry/brownish spotting. I decided to nurse my 1yr old again. about 2 hrs later, after breakfast, I felt nauseas and crampy and needed to have a BM. As I walked to the bathroom I noted again a sharp pain on my left side and felt a gush of blood. sure enough, there was a gush of thick gooey blood about the 3" in diameter there in the pad. The water in the toilet stained pink and I could see a handful of tiny clots. I am having very slight pains in my lower/back/pelvis, but I'm not sure if this is related as it's almost always there and I have been neglecting an old injury in the area. Also I am lactose intolerant and have been consuming lots of cheese lately... :/ this is really embarrassing. I normally wouldn't be worried, except for the blood and the clots. I've had clots with periods and PP before, but not DURING pregnancy, and not with this thick gooey, very red and dark blood coming out.

I am 8/9 weeks pregnant and haven't had an ultrasound yet. Naturally I am reading everything I can and finding myself terrified of miscarraige and/or ectopic pregnancy. I have only just started experiencing nausea with the onset of these symptoms (stress? coincidence?) I am debating going to the ER today or the clinic first thing tomorrow morning, what would you do?

Advertisement

pinkyellowgreenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blood and clots? Possible Miscarraige/Ectopic Pregnancy

Currently I'm still spotting bright red, no pains or cramping so speak of.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Spoke too soon, another gush of blood, feeling pressure down there
Old 11-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry to read this. Can you call your OB and see if you can come in for an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning?

Please take care of yourself. If you're worried at all, take yourself to the ER.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are having unusual pain to any side, go to an ER. If any of the clots were bigger than a quarter, go to the ER. If your filling up a pad in one hour (including "gushes" ) go to the ER. If you feel dizzy or can't walk without doubling over in pain, go to the ER.

Call your OB immediately and ask if they have other instructions.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

And lots of

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies. I am on my way to an urgent care clinic because the ER waits around here are 6-8hrs. If they cannot help me diagnose I will head to an ER. I am not filling up any pads yet, just small gushes of globby blood here and there, very small clots, and intermittent pressure but something isn't right and yes the pain to one side is concerning. Praying for my baby, this was a planned/hoped for pregnancy (the other 2 were surprises), I'm very worried
Old 11-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually don't have an OB. I was scheduled to interview the midwife tomorrow!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #9
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

Mama, please update when you can. Praying for you now. I would feel a lot of concern in this situation and I really think you did the right thing to seek medical help right away.
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #10
pinkyellowgreenblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your prayers and your advice ladies. I did lose the baby after all. I miscarried in the hospital/ER on Sunday We're resting and healing, otherwise things are looking good for me.... Very sad, but very glad it was not ectopic and it all happened naturally....