Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
azShea
Registered Users

Am I pregnant or not??

I feel like I'm going crazy. I have four children already and so I know what it feels like to be pregnant. I am having multiple symptoms that only happen when I'm pregnant, but for the past 3 days I have had negative tests. I wish my period would either come or I would test positive so that I can stop wondering, lol.

Here's what's going on. My period just returned and I've only had two cycles (I was nursing and my son just turned 12 months old). I normally have very irregular periods so it's difficult to say if I'm actually late or not, but according to how long my last cycle lasted I'm 3 days late.

About a week ago I started having multiple symptoms: getting up to pee in the middle of the night (only happens when I'm pregnant), fatigue, nausea, gagging when brushing my teeth, excessive saliva (I almost drool when I talk!), cramping, backache, thirstier than normal, vivid dreams, gums bleeding when brushing my teeth, irritable, mad at my husband for EVERYTHING, lol, weepy. I know a lot of this can be PMS, but I've never had PMS like this. Normally I'm just tired (but not exhausted), cranky, bloated and I break out a little. Then my period starts and I cramp. I rarely cramp before my period. Another weird thing is that I'm not breaking out, which I normally do if my period is around the corner.

Anyway, do you think it's just my hormones out of whack? Or could I still be pregnant with all the negative tests? According to the app I use, I'm 17 dpo, but again it can be hard to tell when I actually ovulated because my periods are so irregular. Also, we HARDLY did it last month and we pulled out. I just would be shocked if I were pregnant. I would be happy, but shocked, lol. Anyway, I would love to know what you ladies think. I find it weird that I could have so many symptoms, but not be able to get a positive reading if I am pregnant. (Although I do remember getting negative results with my second at first, but it's been so long I can't remember the details.)

Advertisement

Last edited by azShea; 03-17-2017 at 07:04 PM.
azShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
shanisep
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I pregnant or not??

So sorry you're going through this! I went through this same thing about 18 months ago. I was pregnant with number 6 but miscarried at 9 weeks. We started trying again right away and every month that followed I just KNEW I was pregnant!! I was waking at night to pee (this is always the first pregnancy symptom I have), had nausea, was very emotional, and very tired. I took so many pregnancy tests which all showed negative and I refused to believe them! That's how pregnant I felt. In the end all of those symptoms came from imbalanced hormones.
I actually had some of those symptoms when I weaned my son, now that I think about it. But not as extreme as what you're experiencing. Hope my rambling helps
shanisep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #3
azShea
Registered Users

It totally helps. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if imbalanced hormones can cause it. Makes me a little sad because even though we weren't planning it, I was getting excited.

I'm very sorry about your loss and it must have been so frustrating to continually think that you were pregnant. How long did it take to get a positive with the baby you lost and were your periods late every time you thought you were pregnant? How long did it take before you felt "normal" again?

One thing that has me leaning more toward me not being pregnant is that I seem to feel "normal" more and more lately and the symptoms come and go and don't seem as severe as a few days ago.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Yeah. Hormones are crazy when they work on going back to "normal" for me. For the first few periods I had this last time once they started up again (still nursing) I was basically convinced I was pregnant, but wasn't. Pretty sure I did a test every cycle lol ...
Until this last time though... I had the least amount of ridiculous symptoms and was least convinced & turned out I actually was(am) pregnant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
azShea
Registered Users

Go figure, lol. Congratulations.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Thanks!
But yeah, like I took a test, was negative. So I totally switched off being convinced. Then my husband insisted on going to get more like a week later and there we go.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Anyway, I'd just keep an eye on how you feel but try to not overthink it too much (yes. Easier said than done). Just pick a day like a week out from now & test again, but in the meantime treat yourself well as if you are.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 PM   #8
shanisep
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by azShea View Post
It totally helps. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if imbalanced hormones can cause it. Makes me a little sad because even though we weren't planning it, I was getting excited.

I'm very sorry about your loss and it must have been so frustrating to continually think that you were pregnant. How long did it take to get a positive with the baby you lost and were your periods late every time you thought you were pregnant? How long did it take before you felt "normal" again?

One thing that has me leaning more toward me not being pregnant is that I seem to feel "normal" more and more lately and the symptoms come and go and don't seem as severe as a few days ago.
That was a really rough time for me I actually ended up miscarrying twice more after that first one. Those 3 miscarriages were between the months of May and November. The following January I weaned my 2 yr old thinking maybe that's why I kept miscarrying.
I remember feeling those symptoms about 2 months or cycles after each miscarriage. Then my body would slowly start to feel normal again. My periods were never late. I just would start to get those symptoms about a week after ovulation and they would last until my period came. We finally (accidentally!!) got pregnant last February with our little princess. She's now 4 months old
I hope things settle down for you soon! Feeling that way really played with my emotions
shanisep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #9
azShea
Registered Users

Oh, I am so sorry. I had one miscarriage and it was so hard on me. My heart aches for you.