Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Misdiagnosed ADHD - Actually Sleep Apnea - Anyone have experience with this??

So I took the kids to the dentist last week.

The dentist commented that DS (who is 6) has huge tonsils, significant damage done to his teeth by tooth grinding, and one broken tooth.

He asked me about his sleep and told me that large tonsils and grinding teeth are both signs of apnea and a person struggling to breath at night.
So we checked with our pediatrician and she asked me how does he sleep at night. He is fairly restless and does wake often. So she sent me home with the charge of watching him sleep.

I first watched him when he had just fallen asleep. He is a loud snorer, but not pauses. Then I went back about 3 hours later when I was going to bed and in 10 minutes he did a stop breathing, gasping, rolling over thing - 3x.

So we are headed to the ENT in a couple weeks for him to take a look (DS had his adenoids taken out at 3 - but his tonsils weren't big then - I guess they grow).

DS is very, very, very active. His dad is the exact same way.

So - has anyone had tonsils out and noticed a change in behavior?
Julie - SAHM to Daniel 11/06 - 34 weeks, Elizabeth Anne 5/08 - 35 weeks Katie Marie - 3/10 - 36 weeks, 6 days

Last edited by fish3737; 03-09-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Updated post with more info
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote