Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #31
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

Morning. Up and at'em. I have the house mostly back to rights. working on laundry now. need to make a run to get a bin for the catfood and some mouse traps and maybe some pumpkins for the front of the house since the pots are all dead now.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #32
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Well we spent the morning tidying up for the kids to destroy it again.

Then a quiet lunch time so Fynn could sleep.

Now a busy afternoon of sorting and putting away the laundry, bathing/trimming nails/feeding the kids.

Roll on bedtime!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Laundry is put away and we've vacuumed through. Shannon is getting a shower now.

Not sure what we're having for dinner yet.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! Had a good day with my parents. Well, my mom. Guys went hunting and got 1 pheasant which they made us cook for dinner. I didn't eat it but they said it was good. We watched movies and the kids did horse stuff a bit. I don't want to do anything at all today, but SIL was hinting about church at 11. I am a little torn as I think it is a good idea for the kids to go to church/sunday school but the church out here doesn't have Sunday school anymore. So then we could go to one of 3 churches within 15 miles that does have Sunday school instead.....IDK. I just want to stay home today.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #35
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. Yeah, I think the ash dump thing was a cool idea somebody came up with years ago that they have since decided is stupid. I may just cover the hole with a sheet of metal and call it a day.

Jess, I wouldn't go to a church without checking it out beforehand with three kids in tow. Going without them, sure, but I like to know the lay of the land before I take my kids anywhere they are expected to be quiet in a strange environment for a long time. I tell ya, one of the biggest selling points of our new church is they believe younger kids should go to Sunday school while the parents are in church, they don't attend services (unless you want them to) until they are around 5th or 6th grade, and even then they usually go to the contemporary services. So all my kids go to their different classes at the same time while DH and I go to service. It's awesome, I can't imagine my kids suffering through a whole traditional service like I did as a kid. But I would never take three kids under age 9 to a prospective new church without checking it out first, so I totally agree you should stay home until you are better informed.

Today was a big day at church, speaking of. In this church the third graders receive special bibles in a ceremony, AND it was Rosie's choir's turn to sing. So cute.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Family has come and gone and are headed to the Grand Canyon. MH and Jerry are off to MIL.

MH and I picked up the back yard and got all the good toys in a bin and a trash bag of broken stuff. Jerry cleaned up dog poop. I got all the frozen dead flowers out of the pots and am deciding on the new decorations...hmmmm

I need to hit walmart after I bake the bread to get bins for the dog and cat food.

I have bread I need to loaf up and bake. Beef stew in the crockpot. Laundry working.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #37
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice Jen sounds delicious!
Cheryl, I think it is ok for the kids to learn some self control. If they can go to a movie they can go to church. I am waivering about churches because I am really picky about the pastor, what service they use, and also the church in O-ville has kids from school, the church in Clinton does too probably, but I kind of like the idea of them getting to know kids from Chokio. Just to spread out their options. Like Bella has 7 girls in the whole 4th grade, so it wouldn't hurt to meet more kids her age that aren't at her school. But we don't have an option of not taking the kids with us.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So the meal plan is done, except for deciding which night we will have what. It is : crock pot French Dip, beef and broccoli (with rice), cheesy chicken and wild rice casserole, pizza braid, baked tacos, sausage and broccoli with pasta, and a chicken with sundried tomatoes in a creamy sauce (probably on orzo with some roast veggies on the side). The kids have two days off of school too for MEA so I will likely plan another meal too to cover lunches.
I made bean and bacon soup in the CP yesterday, so easy and it got gobbled up by everyone.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Meal plan sounds yummy.

We are having:
beef stew
crockpot pork roast
grilled chicken and sweet potato fries
ravioli
posole
pizza
beef stroganoff
Old 10-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #40
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Littles are playing with the letterschool app on iPad. They both know their letters/numbers but it is good practice and it makes you do it the right direction. Mari is going through a backwards phase with her letters.