Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 AM   #31
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ***Clomid Club***

Quote:
Originally Posted by uoducks View Post
it was awful. I ovulated fine but it's a cheap 1st fertil. attempt so I tried it since my hubby and I weren't getting pregnant. It made my periods terrible with cramps, chunky, heavy bleeds. My moods were all over the place and it didn't work!
It's not reccommned to use for more than 4 mths in a row.

We finally tried IVF which worked the 1st time! I also have 8 embryos frozen.
I highly reccomend IVF.
if any of you have questions about IVF, I'd be happy to chat about it.
HELLO PACIFIC NORTHWEST MAMA!!! I a a PNW girl myself I grew up in a small farming town outside of Spokane & lived in Seaside OR for awhile Chad is from PDX & we lived in Tigard for awhile.....all of his family is from there!!! How is PDX....oh I miss it!!!!

I am not looking forward to CLomid as silly as it sounds I hope it works but I ma scared of what it is going to do to me

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #32
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Name: Dagny (kaylabelle05)
DH: Jeff 30 (on Sat)
Children: DS Quinn 3/7/99 DD Kayla 10/20/05 4MC's 3/02, 10/02, 2/04, 8/06
Fertility hurdles(cause they CAN be jumped over!): PCOS dx. 4/04
BCP: PCOS haven't have a cycle since 2/07
TTC Since: Haven't prevented preg but not trying
Meds: Metformin 1000mg

I am seeing a Infertility GYN next month to see if I can get preg again. I am on a medicine for kidney stones that is a Cat C for pregnancy. I hope I can. IF I can get preg, I am hoping to start off with just Provera. I am still nursing DD and Clomid is an L4. Hopefully, she will wean soon!!
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 AM   #33
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I guess I should say that I was on Clomid for DD. I did 2 cycles. I didn't notice any side effects. Though hubby was jumped for about a week.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:33 AM   #34
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi Dagny I added you to Hopefully your visit goes well with your RE!!! I would talk to them to see if they can move you to anything else while you are TTC/PG you never know till you ask Also see if there is a ammount of time you have to wait to TTC....I always forget to ask questions like that when I go to the RE so I just end up harassing the nurse with phone calls afterwards

So I am on CD50 & AF is not here I really mean it when I say I might breakdown if I dont get AF tomorrow. I just want this stupid cycle to end. I am scared on some levels to start Clomid but I am not even worried about that at this moment getting over this STUPID cycle is worrying me the most I KNOW it will come because of the Provera & I know I am probably like this cause it is my 1st time with Provera but I am so sick & tried of the "cramping" & then NOTHING & we arent talking little cramps either!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #35
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
I might have to use it for mine too!!! Provera made me a nut case it was NOT OK so I can only imagin what the Clomid will do I am beginnig to wonder HOW people even get PG on it with the BAD attitudes

LOL, I know, it truly is amazing

Marlene
MJHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #36
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post

So I am on CD50 & AF is not here I really mean it when I say I might breakdown if I dont get AF tomorrow. I just want this stupid cycle to end. I am scared on some levels to start Clomid but I am not even worried about that at this moment getting over this STUPID cycle is worrying me the most I KNOW it will come because of the Provera & I know I am probably like this cause it is my 1st time with Provera but I am so sick & tried of the "cramping" & then NOTHING & we arent talking little cramps either!!!

So lame lame lame. I am right there with ya Mama, maybe we should have a pity party with just ourselves... But, I am sure it will pass, I feel like I am a veteram with stupid cycles and clomid and provera and "stuff" Gah, it's so lame, I TTC'd for DS for 5 years....and that was WITH help, so..... (I HOPE it doesn't take that long this time)
The lamest one I had was one AF LONG ago, I bled heavily for 15 days straight, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO done by the time I was done......that was the worst, I Promise...

My AF is still twinking around too, I am bout to spazz......do you think it would be bad to take the provera even though I have already started to bleed a little, though be it a little bit, just enough for a liner, and it's mostly brown by the time I see it anyway..

Marlene
Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #37
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Clomid at 50 mg will not give you horrible side effects. If it does, you NEED to call your OB/RE to switch you to another med. It says it right on the sheet the pharmacist gives you.
I am usually a VERY moody person and talked at length with my OB about the risk of extra moodiness. My DH told him that if my moods got any worse, we weren't going to do Clomid. OB agreed and said to try it for one month. I was afraid of crying all day long. I've actually felt better and I've only had one crying spell (I was yelling at my ds). BUT he said if I started getting moody or raging, to call him immediately and he would switch to something else.

Now, your periods will be heavier. That's because it's WORKING. Clomid encourages the buildup of the uterine lining. I had a friend who was on CLomid and didn't get heavier AF. It didnt work for her and she had to try something else.

Anyway, took my last pill yesterday and now I'm just waiting to O.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #38
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

Marlene~ I think you could. What you described is just old blood anyway. Do you have cysts? I do that when a cyst pops and then a week later I'll start AF. Did your RE give your cycles a time limit? Mine told me that he didnt want me to go over 35 days( I could wait for months before she'll show up). Brown discharge doesn't count as AF. Then on day 36 I was to start Provera.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #39
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, mine just kinda left me in the dark I guess.....But, I won't take the provera, after I wrote the previous post, it started coming more forcefully...

Marlene
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #40
MJHARK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons View Post
Marlene~ I think you could. What you described is just old blood anyway. Do you have cysts? I do that when a cyst pops and then a week later I'll start AF. Did your RE give your cycles a time limit? Mine told me that he didnt want me to go over 35 days( I could wait for months before she'll show up). Brown discharge doesn't count as AF. Then on day 36 I was to start Provera.

I know brown discharge doesn't count as AF, but it was playing tricks, like one time, it would be bright red, then a few hours it would be brown, then a few hours there would be nothing, then maybe some brown, then bright red again....gag , it was confusing.

Marlene