Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
elienai
Registered Users
Formerly: Desert_Rose
seller
seller

FLIP mamas!! I've got a question!!

Okay, for all you long time Flip diaper cover users, how many are in your stash and how well do they hold up to daily use?

I have 16 new Flip covers on the way and they will be used between my 3 littles who are cloth diapered fulltime. I wash prefolds and covers in my topload washer on hot and line dry the covers. Will my setup work, or should I invest in more? I'm on a strict budget so I can't go crazy.

Advertisement

elienai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: FLIP mamas!! I've got a question!!

They hold up really well. I think your setup sounds great.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: FLIP mamas!! I've got a question!!

Are they aplix or snap? Personally if you have enough to wash as often as it works for you I say its great! But I dont understand the people who buy more now so they will get used less and they might last 2 years instead of 1 year. I'd rather buy what I need now and use it for one year, then next year buy what I need again!

I did use Flips, though never my whole stash and the aplix holds up real well. On washed every other day covers I only expect aplix to last about a year and leg elastic say like 18 months anyway. But in 12-18 months you might not need as many covers, you might have new LO that needs that fresher elastic to make a tight seal, it might be time to get a new set of something anyway (like wool or pullup style or....). So I wouldn't over buy now.

16 covers for 3 sounds like about 2 covers a day for each LO for washing every other day, or 3 covers for washing every 1.5 days. If that is enough for you right now then I think it's prefect
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers FFS

Last edited by Pixi6s; 12-18-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote