Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Ok, kids want to learn about cavemen/prehistoric times....

So far we have Eye Witness books with pictures and info and that is awesome, I have some coloring pics for the younger kids and we plan to make a "cave wall" working with paper mache, paint them brown or gray and then do our pictures on them for art. soooooooooooooooo..... what else can I do for the curriculum? How about how to integrate math into that? Is there a way? 2nd grade and 6th grade.

Then after this and the 2nd 2 weeks of Oct. we are learning about Halloween and the orgins/traditions, religious connections, pumkins and for art we will be making our costumes. How does that sound and what else can we do?

What are you doing around Halloween?

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Ok, kids want to learn about cavemen/prehistoric times....

Are you doing the "caveman" lesson from a Christian POV or evolutionary POV? Makes the difference in curriculum.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

For October we are doing Trees, Pumkins, Apples, and the Harvest. no halloween here.

up in the homeschool links sticky there is dltk kids or something like that, click on that link theyhave a ton of printables. some sites you could do a word search.

For math i think i would just do the level they are at or you could make up some story problems about the subjects...like...The cave man traveled from his cave to his brothers cave 21.7 miles. how long did it take him to go there and back traveling at 23 miles per hour by terodactyl. lol stuff like that.

Also go to www.askjeeves.com and ask him about caves, prehistoric times, pumpkins, the history of halloween, whatever you are doing and he will give you a list of sites to visit.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings View Post
Are you doing the "caveman" lesson from a Christian POV or evolutionary POV? Makes the difference in curriculum.

Ahhhhhh! Didn't think of that! Christian definitely as we do not believe in evolution
Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Well, we're going through the book "Mystery of History" and it starts from Creation all the way to the Resurrection. YOu can get it from rainbowresource.com at the cheapest price I believe.

Then Book 2 goes from there to...I'm not sure, we're not there yet. But I do know I love the book so far, it starts at the very beginning, when God created everything in the seven days, and it comes with directions for making a fun timeline. It is so awesome, and the timeline is really fun to make!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #6
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

I found a christian based history book today at the used book store but I didn't have enough money for it but will be going back

I talked with my AP friend who teaches young boys and girls Christian classes and she had some wonderful ideas on how to do the prehistoric era from a Christian POV so for now I will do that and then go back to the bookstore for the books I found.