Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #1501
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten
Really my whole beef with the issue is the way people on this forum treat others over this decision. Right now it's a parent's right and its a private issue and I don't think anyone should act nasty towards someone else about it.

And I'm sick of the forum being used to push this agenda. I'm sick of seeing this thread bumped up every few days. I bet if I made a "top ten reasons to convert to Christianity" thread, or "top ten reasons to circ" or anything really, that people would get sick of it if I bumped it up every few days. If someone asks, or was looking for info on circing, then by all means point them here, or to the sticky in parenting. The info is out there. If they want it they will find it. But don't push the agenda. It's like how (most) people feel when the Jehovah's witnesses keep showing up on your doorstep. It's annoying.

P.s. I don't mean to offend Jehovah's witnesses or intactivists. I really don't have issue with either group--just sick of seeing this.
You could just stop reading it...

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #1502
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
You know you all are free to just ignore this when it gets bumped instead of reading
I know. But I get tired of seeing it as a thread with new posts. Actually I only first opened it a few days ago when I made my first post about the scripture listed not saying what the op said.

But I do still feel like the pushing of this subject needs to stop. It wouldn't be right for me to push my beliefs on you (over, and over, and over again). You can not answer the door when the Jehovah's witness comes to it, you can ignore the protestant pushing a pamphlet in your hand, but it's still annoying. And I AM protestant.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #1503
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
I do until ppl start calling ppl ignorant. Ppl on here need to know that not all ds mamas think circing is the devil.
I agree. They need to know that whatever they choose for their child is fine, and that not everyone will flame them. I don't think it's fair to only present one side of the issue which is what this thread does. They shouldn't feel like this attitude is all there is.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #1504
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

Ignorant May or may not apply. You can't assume that just because someone reached a different conclusion that they haven't done their research.

Mutilation...I guess you could use that much like I could say "my doctor hacked me open with a knife" if I had surgery. It meets the definition, and so is somewhat correct, but implies something wildly different. I think the mutilation thing is mostly thrown about for dramatic effect and to cause hurt, so I think it is inappropriate even if it's definition can be loosely applied.

As for removing that part without consent, you can fight to get that changed (and I'm guessing you are ), but as of right now it IS a parent's right.
Whats why I said can be...not does always apply.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...ord=mutilation
I think those definitions very much apply yo circ. Its to remove a functioning body part. Is that not what circ is???

And yes it is legal. I nevet said it wasn't. I said you are removing the body part from a nonconsenting individual.

Don't know what was hard to understand about that. I wasn't being nasty. Those words/definitions are accurate (I don't say them)... but they are. You don't need to come after me.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #1505
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

I know. But I get tired of seeing it as a thread with new posts. Actually I only first opened it a few days ago when I made my first post about the scripture listed not saying what the op said.

But I do still feel like the pushing of this subject needs to stop. It wouldn't be right for me to push my beliefs on you (over, and over, and over again). You can not answer the door when the Jehovah's witness comes to it, you can ignore the protestant pushing a pamphlet in your hand, but it's still annoying. And I AM protestant.
Bumping is not pushing

Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #1506
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I'm tired of seeing plenty of topics discussed here. I just drift right over those threads while they pop up again and again. It appears others should do the same or get off of parenting boards. Especially since circumcision is a "parent's" issue.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #1507
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Whats why I said can be...not does always apply.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...ord=mutilation
I think those definitions very much apply yo circ. Its to remove a functioning body part. Is that not what circ is???

And yes it is legal. I nevet said it wasn't. I said you are removing the body part from a nonconsenting individual.

Don't know what was hard to understand about that. I wasn't being nasty. Those words/definitions are accurate (I don't say them)... but they are. You don't need to come after me.

Ignorance may possibly apply, but I think when used in these threads it is assumed, because really who comes in and says "I circed all my boys because I didn't research it at all!" Since the ignorance would generally be assumed, I don't think that should be said, and often it's wrong anyway because lots of circers do do their research. It's also true some leave intact without researching, so ignorance could be used there too. But I think it's wrong for either side to sling around.

As for mutilating, I agreed with you, loosely I supposed that could apply. I still think it is somewhat misrepresenting the issue, and done to be emotionally charged, and I don't think it's appropriate.

As for you personally I wasn't trying to come after you. I didn't think you were being nasty. I only took up banter with you because you were the one that responded to my post. Nothing personal, I have not been offended by you and hope I didn't offend you.

But I do think that this thread being bumped all the time is pushing an agenda. There's already a sticky with tons of info in parenting. And when people ask, by all means tell them. But I think this particular thread should be allowed to die. If I bumped up a thread all the time with info on my religion, it would just be information. But done over and over for years feels a lot like pushing.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #1508
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I'm tired of seeing plenty of topics discussed here. I just drift right over those threads while they pop up again and again. It appears others should do the same or get off of parenting boards. Especially since circumcision is a "parent's" issue.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I don't have any issue if a parent has questions and posts threads on circing or not circing. I don't care if someone wants to open a thread to discuss pros and cons. Talk about it all you want. It is a parenting issue, and fits in the pregnancy category as well. I'm tired of this particular thread though. And I'm tired of its one sidedness.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #1509
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

people may not even consider not circing b/c they do not know it is an option. Having this bumped lets some who may not be searching for the info, but are open to it see it

It was threads like this that saved my son from being circumcised and I'll come bump it too if you like OP!

ETA: there are plenty of threads that always turn into a debate. This is supposed to be a debate free, informational thread and the topic of the thread is pretty clear by its title. Nobody is making you click on it.

Last edited by zandj; 04-19-2013 at 06:15 PM.
zandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #1510
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
people may not even consider not circing b/c they do not know it is an option. Having this bumped lets some who may not be searching for the info, but are open to it see it

It was threads like this that saved my son from being circumcised and I'll come bump it too if you like OP!

ETA: there are plenty of threads that always turn into a debate. This is supposed to be a debate free, informational thread and the topic of the thread is pretty clear by its title. Nobody is making you click on it.
I know it's supposed to be debate free, which is why the thing is so one sided and irritating to me. Their is a sticky in parenting, no bumping required.

ETA there are also people who have been raised around men intact and don't think consider circing because it just doesn't occur to them. I don't see any threads promoting circing being bumped up repeatedly for those people to have information.

Last edited by jen_batten; 04-19-2013 at 06:21 PM.