Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
lilyjoy21
Registered Users

Daughter almost 3 prefers diapers??

Heyo! Ive been trying to use the 3-day potty training method with my almost 3yo daughter.... but its just not working. After almost two weeks of accidents, this mama slapped the diapers back on 🤦*♀️. Im feeling so defeated, and Im not sure where to go from here.

She shows interest in using the potty, gets excited when we talk about it, loves to put her panties on, has her potty books memorized, and is ecstatic about her sticker reward chart and the jar of M&Ms. And yet..... shes only had one or two actual successes on the potty.🤷*♀️ She will sit on the potty, but wont go. Within minutes of getting up she usually pees on the couch or the carpet.

Any advice welcome! Thanks

Advertisement

lilyjoy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daughter almost 3 prefers diapers??

My daughter did better at remembering to go potty when we left her bare-bottomed (at home only, of course) for a few weeks. If I put underwear on her she'd pee in them. Might be worth a try?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
lilyjoy21
Registered Users

Thank you. We could give that a try. So far she’s been wearing underwear... maybe that’s her hang up .
Old 06-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Or maybe bottomless in the back yard for a great days to save your house? It helped my kid when we just pointed out that he was pottying, so he'd know what it is supposed to feel like on the potty. Since they go in diapers all the time, they don't always know what it means to potty, so we did well just watching and noticing for a day or two. Then once he was aware of himself pottying, we made a race for the potty each time we noticed, or every half hour or hour just to try it out.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
lilyjoy21
Registered Users

Ok, yes the backyard is a great idea! It’s good to know it can take time for them just to recognize what’s happening. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Also, while she might show interest, it doesn't mean she's truly ready. Not saying she isn't ready, just bringing it up so you consider it. I was going to suggest no undies for a few days, as mentioned above. I had one child that for a month or so could only do pants or undies, but not both. But, that was after a few days of running around bare bottomed.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
lilyjoy21
Registered Users

Thank you. Yes, I’ve wondered about her “readiness” too... but I suspect she’s doing fine and somehow I’m making it too hard for her, since it’s my first time potty training. I’ll try the bare-bottom idea, and see if we make any progress.