Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #61
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: December chatter!

My MIL and SIL raise meat birds, but I think they pay someone to process them. But, they do 100 birds, and sell at least half, so they can afford to pay someone to do it.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #62
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have heard mixed things about the pluckers. We haven't raised meat birds but I have seen them online and I find it a little disturbing how quickly they put on weight, and sometimes have the problems like ML was talking about. I know they are designed to convert food effeciently...but it creeps me out a little lol. Meyer has a rooster only meat bird pack that's super cheap--they aren't specifically meat birds but large roos that grow a little more naturally, and you can get them really cheap. https://www.meyerhatchery.com/produc...5w?prodID=FPBM We'd probably go with something like that.

We went to the zoo today and it was super nice. I love the zoo on a warm day in December because you have the whole thing to yourselves and it seems like some of the animals are pretty active then.

Good luck with the bed transition Chripy! I know this isn't what you are wanting but it just made me think of it--have you guys seen those huge family beds?? Those look amazing for co-sleeping families.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #63
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Clothdiaper.com changed their deal of the week again today which almost certainly means no 12 days of Christmas sale. I'm sad.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #64
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I have heard mixed things about the pluckers. We haven't raised meat birds but I have seen them online and I find it a little disturbing how quickly they put on weight, and sometimes have the problems like ML was talking about. I know they are designed to convert food effeciently...but it creeps me out a little lol. Meyer has a rooster only meat bird pack that's super cheap--they aren't specifically meat birds but large roos that grow a little more naturally, and you can get them really cheap. https://www.meyerhatchery.com/produc...5w?prodID=FPBM We'd probably go with something like that.

We went to the zoo today and it was super nice. I love the zoo on a warm day in December because you have the whole thing to yourselves and it seems like some of the animals are pretty active then.

Good luck with the bed transition Chripy! I know this isn't what you are wanting but it just made me think of it--have you guys seen those huge family beds?? Those look amazing for co-sleeping families.

I have seen those! If we had the space in the room, I would put a twin size mattress beside our king and sort of join it together. I would do that for a small infant, a young toddler or a sick child-but not permanently. I have always slept with my babies until they were somewhere between 1 and 2. Some were closer to 1, and some were closer to 2.

But I'm feeling it's time to move Mr. Morgan. He is close to sleeping through the night now at 16 months.

I know someone that sleeps with their 10 year old. The 9 year old has a twin bed in the same room. I would've given them the boot many years ago, personally.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM   #65
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I don't like cosleeping because I already feel crowded with DH in the bed. It's worse with a baby in the bed. We did it, though, because it did work out best for us, but only the first 6 months or so. My SIL and her husband put a toddler bed at the foot of their bed to transition their kids out of their bed. I can't imagine having a 10yr old in my room all the time. When my kids were that age, they would like sleeping with me if DH was out of town, but it would be for a night, not constantly.

Very unmotivated to be productive this week. Aside from going out and doing the usual things, all I really want to do it just read or play on the computer. I really need to push myself to get some things done tomorrow before work, though, and then over the next couple of days. I'm babysitting next Wednesday, including taking the little on to her gymnastics class a couple hours before Natalie's, so won't really get anything done that day. And Autumn gets home next Wednesday, too, so I'll need to go get her from the airport. I cannot wait to have her home.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #66
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm alive.💃

Update:
My eldest is coming back from a missionary trip on Friday.
My dd just finished her first college finals.

My middle is still going to his high school boys co-op and loving it

My next boy puked all over my wood floor. That was fun to get out of the cracks.

Luckily for me somehow that is dh's job.

My youngest had this 24 your bug earlier in the week. I'm bummed since I thought he got sick because he ate junk.

My mil was here visiting and just left yesterday. We only got into one political disagreement and that was amazing considering she suffers from what I call "morning show mania."

My dh has been working crazy hours but I think he's done with that until after Christmas.

I'm planning an event for my parish. It's ballooned into a big event. That has kept me super busy but I'll be done with it on Sunday.
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #67
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay, Agla's alive!

We missed you!
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #68
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Ummm...a suburban that doednt work is no help to me! DH will SAY he can fix it...next april when he has more time.
Oh no, you can have the suburban that is NOT broken, because that is the one "we" ahem have decided to sell...don't get me started. But he did get his radiator replaced so that one is back up and running now too. They're both 20+ years old. At this point I'm kinda waiting to see if his kicks the bucket before mine sells just so i can say i told you so...yeah i've got some maturing to do!

ME Bedwetters are THE thing. I don't do AIOs because of washing either, but somehow these wash and dry just fine. And they LAST!!! In 10 years, one wore out, and one got put in the kitchen garbage full of raw chicken bones by a confused child used to disposables and i left it there when i found out next day. Yet i replace flats about once a year. I don't know why the ME bedwetters don't wear out or why they wash well here, i just know i wish they'd make bigger ones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
Yay, Agla's alive!

We missed you!
Hi! Puke is the worst, I'm sorry to hear it.

Are all the Chirpys ever well at once for more than a week? And I am curious what frigid is there.

We do 40-60 meat birds at a time, one to three times a year depending how many make it. A couple will just die, but weasels and raccoons are our big problem. Sometimes only 20 will make it to butchering. Last year all but 2 made it somehow. We hand pluck and with DC big enough now it doesn't take long. 5-7 year olds loooove "chubbing" the birds in the cooling water.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #69
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here you go. Other things they love chubbing. These were both line dried, but only tried on; the red is a mop rag, the brown is 2 y.o.'s and wearing thin now. I thought maybe it was a difference n older sizing, but when dryer-dried brown was still a half inch longer than current sizes. I had decided not to buy pfs but when i logged on to check out the seconds sale they were still available (brown organics) and stayed through check out so i have 2 dozen coming my way!

[IMG]CIMG0105 by me, on Flickr[/IMG]

Red edge

[IMG]CIMG0054 by me, on Flickr[/IMG]

brown edge

[IMG]CIMG0045 by me, on Flickr[/IMG]
And here is the indoor line. Looks pretty Call The Midwife -esque with the pram there. That's just where i shoved it when the cat tried to get in it on the porch, but really i had it out there just for Timothy to stay in while i hung laundry outside, so it's continuing to serve that purpose indoors. This room has rapidly become a real utility room--used to be the playroom but we never used it unless i was in there for diapering or laundry anyway. Then we added family closet type set up, then coat/boot cubbies. The DC wanted the piano back in the living room to put up Christmas decorations, so we moved that back out and FINALLY took the freezer away from the wood stove in the kitchen--should have done that long ago! Moving the freezer let us put the kitchen table back to the side it is supposed to be, which makes room for the pack n play in the kitchen since it was where the piano was supposed to be, then moved over to where the Christmas tree goes and somehow that recliner got put in the playroom even though *it's* space was never touched but they like the recliner in there. I'd like to put it in the suburban when it goes . Follow all that? Let's just say all this furniture moving started when they had to put a bed downstairs for me after I lost my baby last year, and other majorly bad things kept happening the rest of the year... so I couldn' t be happier that that recliner is my biggest problem right now.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #70
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And because I'm really on here to order prints for Christmas cards...[IMG]CIMG0061 by me, on Flickr[/IMG]