Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
peacebwu2018
Registered Users

Re: Pregnant at 44!

I believe it's more common than not today for woman to be having babies later in life. I do understand the fear and exhaustion of being older having a surprise child. I can say that the ability to experience fully and enjoy at a new level is better with age, as I have had my last surprise in my late 30's and my youngest at age 19. I have 3 children 8 years apart. There is a settling as we get older knowing more of who we are and how we want to live life as we are more experienced as adults. The first child I was trying to grow up with, thinking I was plenty adult, but lots of emotional situations and choices. The things we fear often times don't come to fruition and if they do they come on much smaller scales. Perhaps use some mindfulness exercises to counter fear and train your mind when it thinks on fear to argue it with realities. You are going to be a terrific mom! You are not alone!

Advertisement

peacebwu2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen
Reconsider that. 44 is NOT “seriously old”. Fertility is different for everyone. There are 21 year olds that need IVF treatments for premature ovarian failure, etc. You have been granted the gift of fertility at 44. You’re not the first. Throughout time, mamas of your age have unexpectedly become pregnant and carried to term. No, it’s not as common as a 20y or 30y being pregnant. But it happens. And like all pregnancy- it’s a gift. Congratulations again. Consider reframing your feelings as you continue through these critical early day. You are strong. You ARE healthy. You are perfectly capable to carry this baby healthily to term. Hugs.
Thank you so much for this. Now that I'm pregnant I just want a healthy baby. It is so scary. My hormones are definitely in high gear and now I just wait. These next few weeks can't go by fast enough. I really just want to know if there is a healthy baby in there! As a mom of four already I totally believe each child is a gift.

I know I'm going to spend so much time with my Doppler trying to find that sweet little heart beat.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #13
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Since I'm a midwife I used an ultrasound machine after a birth at the hospital this morning and found a beautiful heartbeat. 7 weeks today and feeling a little more optimistic. I cried like a baby when I saw that perfect little flicker on the screen.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #14
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
Since I'm a midwife I used an ultrasound machine after a birth at the hospital this morning and found a beautiful heartbeat. 7 weeks today and feeling a little more optimistic. I cried like a baby when I saw that perfect little flicker on the screen.
Hurray!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #15
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations!!! How exciting to find that HB.