Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #1641
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have food allergies like crazy in our family. I just try to avoid the most likely things and I carefully introduce stuff.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #1642
stevensmom
Administrator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit something FUN or New! Sept 23-29

Benj is making steak. It's 84 here right now!
BabyBoyBlueBoutique
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #1643
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe
We have food allergies like crazy in our family. I just try to avoid the most likely things and I carefully introduce stuff.
Same here. Kelli has allergies to milk protein, wheat, eggs, cats, dogs, tree nuts, and something else, I think. I just avoid anything she reacts to.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #1644
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae

Same here. Kelli has allergies to milk protein, wheat, eggs, cats, dogs, tree nuts, and something else, I think. I just avoid anything she reacts to.

My sister is allergic to eggs, but can have very small amounts in baked goods.

My older brother is it could kill him allergic to milk. He is also allergic to avocado and tuna. Never mind his environmental allergies. When he was little a researcher told my parents that my dad is descended from a line of highly allergic people.

All of us have different fruit allergies.

My boys have grown out of their dairy allergies, but I haven't been brave enough to try avocado with Bradley after he threw up like crazy after his third exposure.

Eta: poor Kelli! It's so hard to grow up avoiding foods because of allergies.

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 09-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.
bumminbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #1645
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe

My sister is allergic to eggs, but can have very small amounts in baked goods.

My older brother is it could kill him allergic to milk. He is also allergic to avocado and tuna. Never mind his environmental allergies. When he was little a researcher told my parents that my dad is descended from a line of highly allergic people.

All of us have different fruit allergies.

My boys have grown out of their dairy allergies, but I haven't been brave enough to try avocado with Bradley after he threw up like crazy after his third exposure.

Eta: poor Kelli! It's so hard to grow up avoiding foods because of allergies.
I really don't understand all these allergies. Jevin is allergic to strawberries!! Wtf?!? These are all first generation allergies! Jordan is allergic to some bug bites too!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #1646
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
I really don't understand all these allergies. Jevin is allergic to strawberries!! Wtf?!? These are all first generation allergies! Jordan is allergic to some bug bites too!

I kinda want to do some research and see if they've come up with reasons why allergies are increasing. Maybe it's related to gmo stuff? It's just kinda weird how allergies are getting more common.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1647
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
No life threatening allergies in my family but all of my children had issues with milk. Logan's was pretty severe. He had bloody stools and was either eating, sleeping, or crying for the first 3 months! He cried so much he damaged his vocal chords and he is still hoarse. I had to wean him and switch to hypoallergenic formula. First time ever using formula or even buying bottles! He would react to ONE goldfish cracker! Horrible screaming pain and bloody diarrhea for days! He's 2 now and showing signs of outgrowing his allergy. He can now have processed cheeses and cheese flavored stuff. Just no straight milk, yogurt, etc. But he may be able to eventually.

I feel such sympathy to those with severely allergic children. I hated reading labels and cooking him separate meals. I can't imagine having to be so diligent about it because is life threatening! So so scary!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #1648
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
No life threatening allergies in my family but all of my children had issues with milk. Logan's was pretty severe. He had bloody stools and was either eating, sleeping, or crying for the first 3 months! He cried so much he damaged his vocal chords and he is still hoarse. I had to wean him and switch to hypoallergenic formula. First time ever using formula or even buying bottles! He would react to ONE goldfish cracker! Horrible screaming pain and bloody diarrhea for days! He's 2 now and showing signs of outgrowing his allergy. He can now have processed cheeses and cheese flavored stuff. Just no straight milk, yogurt, etc. But he may be able to eventually.

I feel such sympathy to those with severely allergic children. I hated reading labels and cooking him separate meals. I can't imagine having to be so diligent about it because is life threatening! So so scary!
I had hopes of Kelli outgrowing hers too. She can have a dairy product every once in awhile, but it still produces an irritated tummy and itchy girly bits.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #1649
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wonder what causes the increase in allergies too. My boys aren't allergic to anything that we know of. I'm allergic to sulfa meds and cats/dust/etc. A bunch of my friends kids have egg, dairy and peanut allergies.

We just got trained on using an epi pen at work as so many students are needing it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #1650
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2
I wonder what causes the increase in allergies too. My boys aren't allergic to anything that we know of. I'm allergic to sulfa meds and cats/dust/etc. A bunch of my friends kids have egg, dairy and peanut allergies.

We just got trained on using an epi pen at work as so many students are needing it.
Jaxon is allergic to sulfa meds too! Poor kid had conjunctivitis and I had sulfa something drops and his eyes were swollen shut and he screamed bloody murder. After 2 days I took him back and he got different drops.