Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #171
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonglowdesigns View Post
DD colorways have been going for a lot lately, so probably an enormous mark up in hopes of making some big $$ off of it Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making money off of highly envied wool, but almost double the original price is a bit wrong imo...

S/he has been listing a TON of highly prized/wanted colorways but has no feedback
I think its wrong too. It already sucks enough to want these pretties when you are broke without someone doing something like that. And I noticed the lack of feedback too

Advertisement

TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #172
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
OMG - I didnt do it - I made HIM do it

Yayy, can't wait to see them! May have to send you a money order if pp doesnt get their issue solved with my account!!

THAT is gorgeous..and not a bad price either!
HE did it!!! BAH HA HA HA!! Thats great!! I cant wait for you to see them either. I cant believe the have had your PP frozen for so long! I know my BF sent them a HEATED email and they unfroze hers after 2 or 3 days. And you are right! That is a good price! But I just paid some HC fees so my PP is lacking right now.

Last edited by TheLittleButtonBakery; 08-07-2010 at 11:29 PM.
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #173
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleButtonBakery View Post
HE did it!!! BAH HA HA HA!! Thats great!! I cant wait for you to see them either. I cant believe the have had your PP frozen for so long! I know my BF sent them a HEATED email and they unfroze hers after 2 or 3 days. And you are right! That is a good price! But I just payed some HC fees so my PP is lacking right now.
It was hilarious - little 5 yr rockin the bootie as I hollered out the letters for him and the two girls were trying to imitate him not knowing what he was doing....should've been a YouTube moment if I thought it out a little better lol!

I sent them a nasty email and called them too. I did send the photo id, social security card and a piece of mailed with my name and home address on it but they insist its not a dated bill and doesnt count. I told them its not even my house so why would the bills be in my name and that I use a P.O box for personal mail because 8 people live here and they say a P.O. box is an invalid address to use for identification - I asked if they had tried to get one recently! Then I told them I didnt even want the flippin card anymore after all this hassle and they said because I had started it I had to go through the verification after all. So I did get a daycare bill printed out that has this home address on it and will see monday if they accept that.
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #174
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMyBaby View Post
ok another Sh questionn. this may sound like a dumb one but its late and my brain is barly working!! ok so I am on the "Front" during row 1 it says "Turn (do not continue knitting in round)"
do I also "turn" at the end of round 2? it doesnt say, but logically, I think i do turn but want to make sure!!
yep
Quote:
This is beautiful but WHY does it cost so flippin' much???
bc she's on crack. She had it started at 90.
Quote:
WAAAAAANT!!! I wonder if I can trade a child...
i heart that so much. If I had the pp I would buy it. But alas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonglowdesigns View Post
DD colorways have been going for a lot lately, so probably an enormous mark up in hopes of making some big $$ off of it Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making money off of highly envied wool, but almost double the original price is a bit wrong imo...

S/he has been listing a TON of highly prized/wanted colorways but has no feedback
I know Im scared... I bought some sugarbubbie superwash off her earlier today.
Quote:
It was hilarious - little 5 yr rockin the bootie as I hollered out the letters for him and the two girls were trying to imitate him not knowing what he was doing....should've been a YouTube moment if I thought it out a little better lol!

I sent them a nasty email and called them too. I did send the photo id, social security card and a piece of mailed with my name and home address on it but they insist its not a dated bill and doesnt count. I told them its not even my house so why would the bills be in my name and that I use a P.O box for personal mail because 8 people live here and they say a P.O. box is an invalid address to use for identification - I asked if they had tried to get one recently! Then I told them I didnt even want the flippin card anymore after all this hassle and they said because I had started it I had to go through the verification after all. So I did get a daycare bill printed out that has this home address on it and will see monday if they accept that.
That sounds like a super headache!!
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #175
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
yep

I know Im scared... I bought some sugarbubbie superwash off her earlier today.
I bought some DD off of her. She said it was shipping that day. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. You'll have to let me know when you get yours, as mine will take a lot longer (I'm in Canada).
Old 08-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #176
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

Akkk and this its even on single ply so I could make something so squishy just for me!!

Still loving this too....

This is so pretty, sigh....

Oh and I love your Stained Glass Emily...

Grr...I even had money in my pp account to play with
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!

Last edited by ELC Knits; 08-08-2010 at 12:01 AM.
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #177
ShyViolet
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post

Ok mamas I have a question. I'm making up a bunch of soakers and hats from my leftover yarns in small and NB sizes. Dh said I'm way underpricing my work when I sold ds's at $10 each used. I'm using a license free pattern. I would say 90% of it is HC yarns with maybe some purewool thrown in a few places. What should I price a new and lanolized soaker at on fsot?
I charge $15 plus the cost of yarn, usually $5 per oz. You should be able to sell them for at least $20 even though your not a WAHM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
My Poor ds (right after i posted the pic) bit his tongue and was bleeding EVERYWHERE. Like i have blood drips thru my house. I took him to the ER because the cut is HUGE. I left with a script for special mouth wash and antibiotics. No stitches.. Although they did say it looks like he bit thru
Ouch! My DD did that a few weeks ago too, it looked like it went right through

Quote:
Yeah, she is supposed to be living here trying to learn how to parent them, taking UA's, completing treatment, and getting counseling so that the state will consider reunification but since neither parent has attempted to complete anything asked of them, the state is considering termination of parental rights at this point....that's kind of why my hubby and I moved in here, because with my parents health declining they may deny my parents as a permanent adoptive home even though they have fostered them for 2 years but with us living here to provide continued care, they stand a better chance of permanent placement here whether it be legally with them or legally with us in the long run.
that has got to be stressful. At least the kids have you to take care of them.

Quote:
Hooray - Maggie just announced my sneak peek on Sweetpeaboutique~~ here's my listing on this page!!

Yay - lemme know what you all think! I am so excited to be listed with all the wonderful mamas she has celebrating her store!!!
Woohoo! So exciting!!! I have a collab with Maggie too. Your set looks so cute!

Quote:
WAAAAAANT!!! I wonder if I can trade a child...
I had to buy it, gorgeous and a great price. Please don't hate me.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #178
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I'm out with some friends at a bar after going to an ad lib comedy and dinner and they are hilariously drunk. I'm the designated driver and having a great time. I was told by a bar tender that my lipstick was too perfect for this late in the evening and that I have beautiful lips... Yeah, pathetic! LOL

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #179
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to have dh do the butt charades.

Knitting a Yoda sweater at 1am. Yay, pregnancy insomnia/restless legs.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #180
maddiesmum
Registered Users
seller

well..that dd went from 90..to 88...now 80. that is freakin scary? wonder when pple do that if they are selling to multiple pple or something. hum..wonder if there is some way to check that out. it is sooo lovely. i paid 59 shipped for mine a few weeks ago and i thought that was harsh cause there was no trim. ok..so it's 1:30am and so hot that i can't breath!
maddiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote