Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
aquariummom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
total rant on other women upset over bf

Normally I would have blown this off but it just annoyed me since she kept on.

We had a picnic/surprise bday party for a friends dd party was supposed to start at 3 we went over at one to help since she was frantic trying to get ready and stayed to 830 ds is about 3 1/2 months old. So before people started showing up feed him just her family and us and a couple other people. My wrap wasn't there so used my moby and was in a nursing tank so not the most covering when he would pull the moby off. I had brought frozen so he had some I had pumped that morning and a defrosted bottle.
Once almost everyone left I sat down to feed him while hubby was eating crabs for the 100th time It was are family my friend her family and one other couple. Her husband was also eating crabs as soon as she realized what I was doing she walked behind me I guess to make sure what I was doing walked around again and let out a big huff. She kept doing this and when she wasn't walking behind me was shooting me the nastiest looks. The only kids that were outside were all under 2. I think I would have rather her just say something.
Hubby is amazingly extremly supportive of nip and said if he had realized he would have said something. I don't know if her hubby ever realized what I was doing the only time he may have was when my dh said wow you must be really full (when ds started nursing the one side and then coughed since he swallowed to much to fast).

Now that I have typed it all it does seem pety I just wish I knew why I have been so good nip the time that shouldn't affect me is the one that does. I have been really suprised latly about how much support I have gotten nip this time around. And would have nursed him earlier but there was over 50 people and a ton of kids running around.

Advertisement

aquariummom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
butrcup74
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: total rant on other women upset over bf

I don't get this...other women being unsupportive of NIP. It continues to boggle my mind. We, as a society, know that nursing is great for babies, it's natural, it's free...why should we hide it. Do you think she was upset that her DH might accidently have gotten a glance at...skin, because let's face it, that's all that shows since baby's head covers up the real goodies.

In any case, I'm sorry this happened. We should not be made to feel uncomfortable when we are nourishing our children!
butrcup74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you shouldn't have to feel bad about feeding your child!! next time tell, if breastfeeding offends them, they should put a blanket over THEIR heads.
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
Piper's Closet
Registered Users
Formerly: ewalk585 **DO NOT FSOT~ADMIN**

My Mood:

one word ignorance... you know the feeling of being hungry, just because you are at a party there is no reason you should have to hide or feel guilty about feeding a baby. she has the same parts as you and i am sure she has seen a boob before, there was no reason she could not have walked away and went inside or for a walk if you were really offending her. huffing and puffing is just immature, great job momma in doing the best for your baby
Piper's Closet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
star122802
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really gets to me when women think NIP is a bad thing. Really? What has our world come to? Keep NIP and if people say something keep thinking you are doing the best thing for your son.
star122802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
aquariummom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks I think she may have just thought her hubby may see something but really there isn't many hubbys that pay attention to anything else when there is free crabs and beer lol
aquariummom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
cupcakewright
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please, those boys pants could ahve been on fire and they wouldn't have notice, beside it is a boob, they have all seem plenty of them, maye for once he should see what it was intended for,

Can you imagine if we all acted that way when someone pulled out a bottle to feed their baby, acted shocked, asked them to cover up, etc...lol!
Wife for 20 years to Lance Sr. SAHM, homeschooling mom of 7, 4 boys and 3 little girls, Christian 22 , Lance 18 , Philip 12 , James 10 , Princess Princess Catherine 8 Rainbow Baby Reagan 5, Molly and baby Abigail due in March
cupcakewright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

Ugh. I feel like on one hand there's so much pressure to breastfeed because it's the best thing for the baby, but then when women do breastfeed they're forced to go hide. I don't get it at all. And for another woman to be so ignorant about a baby eating from the source nature intended - that irritates me. I don't judge and get all huffy when I see another mom mixing formula. Geez.
M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010),V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote