Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #21
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Biting = the final straw; I want to wean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
Well, I only wear a bra when I go out, otherwise the girls are loose so that they are accessible. Not that I'm against cute bras per se but when you are as big busted as I am, finding decent bras is actually more of a pain than anything. You don't find a lot of cute bras in an H cup. Though, I do have to admit, I did see one I thought about getting JUST for hubby. lol But dang something like that would be on I think 5 seconds tops! lol It's like wrapping gifts up in pretty wrapping paper, it'll just get torn off to get to the fun toys inside!
Try www.biggerbras.com

Advertisement

SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #22
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Biting = the final straw; I want to wean

Well I've not read all the responses BUT I would def. work on the STOP biting thing. With my first dd she never bit me, well once and I yelped and she never did it again. This baby though as slid off with my nipple in her mouth several times and it hurts sooo bad. I've yelped and griped at her and most of the time she just smiles. Shes' only 5months so no teeth yet but I dred when they come. I WONT wean due to this but I WILL have to find something that works. As the poster said before though if I watch and see that she's done I can take her off and she won't bite down on me.

Anyway I'd def. try to wean during the day or even just a few sessions may be all you need and then keep nursing during the night. I personally feel that there IS a difference in pumped milk/and from the tap for various reasons. (eye contact with mother, jaw movement, bonding time, etc.) BUT I give HUGE kuddos to those who pump. I think its the next BEST thing and WTG for giving that a whirl. I too only know ONE person who has nursed longer than the first 6 months everyone else has stopped prior to that. My first still gets bite bites EVERY now and then at night and she just turned 3!!
I think dropping a few would be fine and you'd have plenty of milk to nurse whenever. When dd1 was weaning herself down I had milk whenever she wanted it and I was never full so I don't see why it would hurt, I think it'd be GREAT for bogth of you!!

As for the biting too just wanted to mention that my mom said when we bit she would flip the sides of our mouths (not too hard, but hard enough) and she said that only a few times and we'd not do it anymore. She also nursed up til a year. GL momma with whatever you do.