Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Seasonal Allergies???

So for the second time ever I have had a sneezing fit that has lasted all day. I feel crappy and tired from all the sneezing and fluid in my head. I just treat it like a cold.

I happen to have an appointment with a new doctor. She asks how long I've had seasonal allergies. As far as I know I don't have seasonal allergies. I did think it was weird that I would be fine one moment and then a sneezing mess the next.

So those of you that have seasonal allergies? Does it sound like what I'm describing?
What works for you?

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Yep.
Allergy meds. You might want something like Zyrtec or Claritin.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #3
Kayelltee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Seasonal Allergies???

Yep, seasonal allergies. The sneezing fits happen when the histamine is released. Where do you live? If you happen to be in Texas, there is an amazing homeopathic remedy called Texas Knows. I would bet there are other companies that make the same sort of thing for other areas, also. It has saved me while nursing, since I couldn't take the typical OTC stuff.
Kayelltee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep. My are more than seasonal so i take year round singular (prescription) with claritin back up for heavy seasonal times. Flonase is pretty good for coughing and sneezing and is OTC now but if you can get a prescription for the generic which is not OTC yet its way cheaper.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #5
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Like you need another but.... Yep.
I've been a mess lately....spring and fall are bad for me!
Old 10-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Yup line.

I am using kids version as I'm nursing still. Just to keep them arty bay.it helps

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #7
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
Yep.
Allergy meds. You might want something like Zyrtec or Claritin.
My dh has had seasonal allergies forever and he didn't find anything that worked for him.

Did the Zyrtec and Clairitin work right away or did you have to try different things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelltee View Post
Yep, seasonal allergies. The sneezing fits happen when the histamine is released. Where do you live? If you happen to be in Texas, there is an amazing homeopathic remedy called Texas Knows. I would bet there are other companies that make the same sort of thing for other areas, also. It has saved me while nursing, since I couldn't take the typical OTC stuff.
I have some crunchy places near me so I'm going to go in and ask for recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Yep. My are more than seasonal so i take year round singular (prescription) with claritin back up for heavy seasonal times. Flonase is pretty good for coughing and sneezing and is OTC now but if you can get a prescription for the generic which is not OTC yet its way cheaper.
I really don't want to take any meds let alone all year meds. I didn't think to ask about the prices. She said I could try over the counter but I didn't know prescription could be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Like you need another but.... Yep.
I've been a mess lately....spring and fall are bad for me!
Yes, Spring was the last time this happened. I feel like a dope for not figuring this out earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Yup line.

I am using kids version as I'm nursing still. Just to keep them arty bay.it helps

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
I'm always hesitant about taking anything because let's face it I'm usually pregnant or nursing. lol

Thanks for all the yeps! My dh's allergy symptoms are so different that I didn't recognize my own.

Today, I just took a Sudafed because that's all we had in the house so I could get my ds to his class. Made a big difference in being able to function because as you can imagine sneezing incessantly gets in the way of real life.

So I hear Claritin, Flonaze, Zyrtec so far. Which one are you using and why?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #8
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I take Benadryl or sudafed because they don't make me drowsy. I just think they work better than Claritin or Zyrtec but Claritin worked ok for me.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #9
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's gotten bad the last couple years for me. Sometimes the generic antihistamine didn't do anything and had to take regular meds. Otherwise for the most part the generic ones from Walmart or Rite Aid Loratadine seems to work fine.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #10
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Local Honey... Raw if you can find it ... Do a little everyday with tea, coffee, on toast, whatever... It's suppose to help with pollen/seasonal allergies. Claritin & benydryl are usually safe for pregnancy.

If you are indoors... Check/change your air filter on your heating/AC. (Depending on your system ...like seperate heat from AC... Dust might have collected over the summer & it's getting blown around when you first use your heater for winter)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote