Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #1101
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dp

Advertisement

Last edited by Art mama; 03-23-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #1102
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lets talk essential oils.

Fwiw, I won't be using the neroli. It reminds me of various women immediately. That is, it has clearly inspired a lot of perfumes--popular ones. But I just don't feel like using it. It doesn't give me a headache. I can even appreciate it in a way. But I don't really want to be around it. Since the main ways I wanted to use it are in a deo (where it would steam and fill the whole house with smell) or near the nose (in facial products), I'm just not going to use it. I'm sure I could make a mood blend that some would like to use as a perfume with it, and that would not require I smell it very often (roller balls can be filled well ahead of time), but I don't have enough customers really to ensure that would sell fast enough to make it worth holding onto. I tried adding it to the deo blend and even adding the blend to carrier oil to that to make sure I had the idea. So unless I magically have a change of heart tomorrow, that's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
Oh essential oil gurus. ..

2 quick questions
1. When it says to put in a carrier oil, what is the ratio? For applying to a child

2. As considering putting an essential oil in the tub when I give the dog a bath, anti bacterial type. What's safe for dogs?

Thank you! !!
http://www.learningabouteos.com/inde...ssential-oils/

Re: dogs, I think there are some divergent opinions on the essential oils safety group. They are not quite as sensitive as cats (who you should not use EOs on), but it seems one can do a lot of harm with EOs and animals (e.g., some tick EOs have been sold for dogs, but they've killed some dogs). It seems like there are YL people who recommend all sorts of things and others who say never. I haven't seen any solid middle ground recommendations yet. And I wouldn't really know where to look for those for you right now.

Last edited by debcita429; 03-23-2014 at 06:04 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #1103
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post

http://www.learningabouteos.com/inde...ssential-oils/

Re: dogs, I think there are some divergent opinions on the essential oils safety group. They are not quite as sensitive as cats (who you should not use EOs on), but it seems one can do a lot of harm with EOs and animals (e.g., some tick EOs have been sold for dogs, but they've killed some dogs). It seems like there are YL people who recommend all sorts of things and others who say never. I haven't seen any solid middle ground recommendations yet. And I wouldn't really know where to look for those for you right now.

Super helpful, Thank you!
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #1104
ktmamabird
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone considered trying to consolidate some of the info / recipes / do's-don'ts / best sources of info / best buying option / consensus on must have EO's of this thread? It's got such great info, but it's soooo long. I know I've only made it through maybe a third of it - and although I'm not a regularly poster or follower of the thread - I do keep checking back to see what gems of ideas and information I can glean. And, I'm getting good stuff, ladies - so thank you to all of you for keeping the ideas rolling!

Just a thought. Not that any of you mamas have the extra time, of course...lol
ktmamabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #1105
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmamabird View Post
Has anyone considered trying to consolidate some of the info / recipes / do's-don'ts / best sources of info / best buying option / consensus on must have EO's of this thread? It's got such great info, but it's soooo long. I know I've only made it through maybe a third of it - and although I'm not a regularly poster or follower of the thread - I do keep checking back to see what gems of ideas and information I can glean. And, I'm getting good stuff, ladies - so thank you to all of you for keeping the ideas rolling!

Just a thought. Not that any of you mamas have the extra time, of course...lol
Yeah, I would never make it through this whole thread if I wasn't in it from the beginning! In reality, most dos and don'ts are available at learningabouteos.com. I don't think we had any real consensus about must have EOs other than that you'd want citrus, lavender, peppermint, age-appropriate germ fighting oils, and then other oils that are suitable for physical issues or wants. (The lists diverge from there.) For getting things piecemeal we seem to like Ananda or, for cheaper options, Aura Cacia in the Frontier co-op or Plant Therapy. For larger size EOs and fewer choices, mountain rose herbs may be a good option. Etc. HTH!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #1106
granolamamaof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love peppermint at our house & wouldn't want to be without it! Next would be Lavender, then Thieves. Those tend to be the top 3 we use around here. I have a pain cream, made of Valor, PanAway & peppermint with a little Lemongrass made up in a mason jar that we use (the adults) for aches & pains, & a sleep rub for the feet, made of Lavender, Peace & calming & cedarwood. We don't ingest (nor do I recommend), so ours are either diffused or applied topically in a carrier of coconut, grapeseed or olive oil. Oh & I adore all things citrus!
Independent Distributor with Young Living Essential Oils. Learn how essential oils can be used in your home & for your family, ask me for more info! Share your Love of Essential oils & have fun doing it!
Join my team that spans from Alabama to California!!! Order or Join at: www.youngliving.org/womenofvalor
granolamamaof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #1107
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by granolamamaof6 View Post
We love peppermint at our house & wouldn't want to be without it! Next would be Lavender, then Thieves. Those tend to be the top 3 we use around here. I have a pain cream, made of Valor, PanAway & peppermint with a little Lemongrass made up in a mason jar that we use (the adults) for aches & pains, & a sleep rub for the feet, made of Lavender, Peace & calming & cedarwood. We don't ingest (nor do I recommend), so ours are either diffused or applied topically in a carrier of coconut, grapeseed or olive oil. Oh & I adore all things citrus!
Citrus oils are the bomb! It's always good to meet a YL distributor who is more cautious and informed. I have some acquaintances who are YL distributors, and what they have been told and push is really scary. I try to occasionally post something gentle to encourage re-thinking things, as I don't want people to be harmed. It is so tricky. I'm grateful that there are people in the YL family who are perhaps better able to encourage the correctives! I think YL lemon soap is amazing. I cannot get myself to buy YL products for some reasons, but I go weak in the knees for that soap, lol.

Last edited by debcita429; 03-28-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #1108
ktmamabird
Registered Users
seller

Thanks debcita429 for that brief synopsis!

Kate
Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #1109
ktmamabird
Registered Users
seller

Thanks debcita429 for that brief synopsis!

Kate
Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #1110
cjs0405
Registered Users
seller

Anyone have a Plant Therapy coupon code for $10 off $25? All the ones I found have expired. Thanks!!