Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
Skatha89
Registered Users

Re: Pantry Challenge...Find the old thread, or start a new one :)

Breakfast was an apple and some animal cookies between DS and I after a long night in the ER for Croup.
Lunch was PBJ for me and SO, DS didn't eat but did drink some OJ.
DS had strawberries as a late lunch I guess and dinner will be left over meat balls, shells and cheese and probably canned peas.

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #32
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I made French Onion soup and used up all our onions, about 12 of them! I didn't have all the ingredients so I fudged a few, but it turned out great!
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #33
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Breakfast was leftover biscuits and jelly. Lunch was cheese and crackers, corn and peaches that I canned a few weeks ago. Dinner was the scrounge meal. I made a Mexican rice casserole and used up half an onion, the rest of the jars of salsa and Queso dip, some black beans that were in the cabinet and some sour cream remaining from another meal.

I've got a chicken in the crockpot now. I'll debone it and get broth going for tomorrow. I think we'll have chicken noodle soup for lunch. Snack will be carrot cupcakes (muffins) with cream cheese frosting to use that up.

Has anyone ever used dried out cinnamon rolls as the bread in French toast? I might try that for breakfast. Like a casserole. Hmmm, sounds like it would work.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Breakfast was the last of the apple scones I made over the weekend.

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine.

Dinner was Santa Fe Chicken in the crock pot. Chicken breasts, chicken stock (made from a chicken I bought over the weekend), can of black beans, can of corn, can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. Served over white rice I had in the pantry. Voila!
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did a little better today, I think! LOL!!!

Breakfast for yDS was pancakes from the freezer, with butter and grape jelly...While I had 2 sausage biscuits out of the freezer.

Lunch was beefaroni from the freezer for yDS, and I had chili that was left over from Saturday.

Supper was at my moms, which was Subway...and boy did I enjoy it, cause I won't be paying to eat out anytime soon!!! LOL!!!

I must confess, today when I went and got my WIC filled, there was a smashing sale on tuna for $.50 a can, and it was STARKIST!!! I have been out of tuna for about a month now, cause I refused to pay $.73/ can (Wal Mart brand) hoping that CVS would do their sale again soon....So I bought 15 cans
I just COULD NOT pass that up!!! (Do I need to leave now???)

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #36
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyMama View Post
THAT'S were we struggle a lot, too!!! My youngest can't have dairy,so that takes MOST of the easy things out! No grilled cheese, mac and cheese, cheese grits, etc..... My oldest is a cheese fiend, so I usually wind up making two different lunches
i feel you on that, my ds just outgrew a pretty severe dairy allergy (allergic to EVERY kind of dairy, what a pain) into pretty much a lactose intollerance... now hes a cheese fiend, lol

i did pretty good the first half of the day, ate the stuff i took to school... but then i went to work, then had to go right back to school for an event tonight.... i hit mcdonalds on the way there.... no way i could last til after 9 without eating... my mom and son did ok tonight.... fish sticks, applesauce, and left over veggies from ds's party this weekend.

i also spent $8 and some change on a couple of things we needed at walmart. cheese, yogurt, dr pepper (i know, i know.... but its my "coffee" in the mornings... i need to find another caffiene source, but until then, im trying to cut back), and something else i cant remember right now

tomorrow we're having cheesy cresents (hot dogs and cheese in a cresent roll) with the cheese i just bought, hot dogs from ds's party, and cresents we've had a while. dont know what to go with it yet... pronabably a salad, but something else too. wednesday is church night, and we wont be home til after 8

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!

Last edited by armywife2002; 10-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #37
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyMama View Post
Did a little better today, I think! LOL!!!

Breakfast for yDS was pancakes from the freezer, with butter and grape jelly...While I had 2 sausage biscuits out of the freezer.

Lunch was beefaroni from the freezer for yDS, and I had chili that was left over from Saturday.

Supper was at my moms, which was Subway...and boy did I enjoy it, cause I won't be paying to eat out anytime soon!!! LOL!!!

I must confess, today when I went and got my WIC filled, there was a smashing sale on tuna for $.50 a can, and it was STARKIST!!! I have been out of tuna for about a month now, cause I refused to pay $.73/ can (Wal Mart brand) hoping that CVS would do their sale again soon....So I bought 15 cans
I just COULD NOT pass that up!!! (Do I need to leave now???
)
You are officially blackballed!

I hit the Farmer's Market yesterday and stocked up on fresh veg. I felt oddly quite guilty even though I knew they have to be used or they will expire. Die hard Pantry Challenge Mama's....Rock on!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #38
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday...

Breakfast was oatmeal from mil again and baby oatmeal for the lil guy. That darn wic baby food is still hangin around at 14 months old. Eggs for dh and I.

Snack was free at Playgroup.

Lunch was PB and apple butter sandwiches on homemade ww bread. Salad for me.

Snack was chocolate chip pumpkin cookies

Dinner was Stir Fry made with fresh veg from the Farmer's Market (had to use those wic coupons before they expire) and beef from the stockpile. Used leftover ww spaghetti noodles that probably would have otherwise been tossed. We don't have a microwave so I just mixed them in with the veg and beef with soy sauce. With the lid on it all warmed through and mixed well together. And dh thinks we need a microwave...crisis averted!

On another note, I opened a can of pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin when I made the cookies the other day. Now what??? What can I do with pumpkin pie filling??????
Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #39
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

On another note, I opened a can of pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin when I made the cookies the other day. Now what??? What can I do with pumpkin pie filling??????

I'd think you would be able to use it the same, just cut down on the sweetner in whatever recipe you are using? OR, what about adding it to oatmeal???

Old 10-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #40
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
You are officially blackballed!

I hit the Farmer's Market yesterday and stocked up on fresh veg. I felt oddly quite guilty even though I knew they have to be used or they will expire. Die hard Pantry Challenge Mama's....Rock on!
LOL!!!!!

I warn you, if I catch chicken breasts at $.75/lb, there'll be another spending spree!!!! (I think it'll be a couple months before that happens again, though