Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #101
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
This baby needs to drop. Seriously. I can't breathe. I constantly feel like someone is standing on my chest.
Breathing? What's that? I've forgotten what it's like to breath. And the congestion on top of it all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Ugh, ladies, what a discouraging day doing preliminary pediatrician research! One of the most loved local peds by three co-workers isn't taking any more people with my insurance. Everyone else I've been finding that's in my network is either 25-30 miles away (I'm looking at driving 17 miles, regardless), has limited office hours, or worse yet, bad reviews online. It's very, very disheartening.
Sorry to hear that It's hard to find someone you like. I second the family practice idea, although I have found their availability to be a bit less than our ped. We go to a large ped practice and there is always someone available to see us, although my ped there is a bit mainstream for me. I've been debating switching. It's hard to find someone who's a good fit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Ugh. I hate not breathing, lol! Putting on my boots is getting to be very difficult - come on spring and flip-flop weather!
Lol, I'd love some spring too, but then I might actually have to remove the old nail polish that's been there for months

Midwife appt today. Babies are doing well. I managed to gain a bit of weight, bp is awesome, and my home visit is scheduled I just have to make it to the 18th, although I'm hoping for a bit longer than that. Both babies are head down, and at least baby A looks like she's not moving for sure U/s tomorrow to check on growth, but my midwife said they feel like they've grown a lot. I feel like they have!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 01:10 AM   #102
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
Ugh, ladies, what a discouraging day doing preliminary pediatrician research! One of the most loved local peds by three co-workers isn't taking any more people with my insurance. Everyone else I've been finding that's in my network is either 25-30 miles away (I'm looking at driving 17 miles, regardless), has limited office hours, or worse yet, bad reviews online. It's very, very disheartening.
I agree about looking for a family doctor if you aren't satisfied with the pediatricians.

We have a choice between two pediatricians...and they are 100 miles (one way) away from us. My girls' pediatrician was over 200 miles away, but we switched insurance, and luckily the two that are only 100 miles away are in network. I hope we like them. We don't do well checks other than after the first few times, and luckily neither of my girls has ever had to go for a sick visit so the distance hasn't been an issue yet. Crossing my fingers that they stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
hehe, she gets that from her dad. I was a tiny tiny child. My friend's child was born 2 weeks before her and I recently found out he's like 34 inches. So crazy.. she was 36inches at 18 months. Sometimes I forget she's an amazon child.
Wow, how tall is she? My 2 year old is 39" or 40" so fairly tall, but luckily she has long legs and a shorter torso so she can still rear face for a bit longer in our Radian.

Last edited by rverrone11; 02-28-2013 at 01:19 AM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #103
LacyHolly
Registered Users

I just have to express my complete excitement!!!

I am officially down to working only one job now-a-days!!! I was working midnights 5 days a week (40 hrs) and also working a second job of 3 hours a day, 5 days a week in the early afternoons BUT...last Friday was my last day at the afternoon job! I figured @ 8 1/2 months pregnant it was time to go down to only one job, lol. The past few days have been the most amazing days ever! I have been able to sleep more than 3 to 4 hours at a time and have actually done something other than work and sleep!!! So awesome!

I know that was completely random, but I just had to share my happiness! Thanks for listening!

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop

Last edited by LacyHolly; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 AM.
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #104
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly

I am officially down to working only one job now-a-days!!! I was working midnights 5 days a week (40 hrs) and also working a second job of 3 hours a day, 5 days a week in the early afternoons BUT...last Friday was my last day at the afternoon job! I figured @ 8 1/2 months pregnant it was time to go down to only one job, lol. The past few days have been the most amazing days ever! I have been able to sleep more than 3 to 4 hours at a time and have actually done something other than work and sleep!!! So awesome!

I know that was completely random, but I just had to share my happiness! Thanks for listening!
That's great! I worked overnights and its a rough thing!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #105
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
She said I was contracting and 1 cm wasn't out of line for a 2nd/3rd child at this point, so just to keep an eye on things and call if ANYTHING feels off. She doesn't think I'll make it to EDD but isn't too worried either.

I do have the feet down, but I had to recline the seats some in the car to keep the entire bottom and back of the carseat in contact, and it just seems awfully reclined to me. I could put it more upright but the that area where the fold out feet are would be 'floating' KWIM?

We NEVER see our family doc. DH goes for physicals once a year. I haven't in 3 years because I've been seeing OBs and family doc wouldn't do a ton else. Can NEVER EVER get an appt when you're sick. It's much easier to get into my ped who I LOVE. She even prescribed some meds for an eye infection my DH had when we went to a well child visit (we didn't realize it was an infection or he wouldn't have gone). It seems like in my area family docs are more of a formality for most people.
I was thinking that last night - most multiparas are always 1-2cm dilated. Not unusual at all. So that could be totally unrelated to the contractions, kwim?

When you install the seat - if you put it against the vehicle seat, both back and bottom, then push really hard into the seat like you're pushing it both back & down at the same time, kwim? I wonder if that would get it more upright, while leaving it all touching. I've never played with the myride before - thought about trying it for RF, but then if I only want it for RF and have taller babies, it's not really the best choice.

We did have a fam dr like that - so annoying! The only appts you could get were ones for well baby checks or whatnot, ones booked a good month + in advance. If you needed to be seen that day or in the next few days, you were told to go to a walk-in clinic. Then what exactly is the point in having a family dr?!!
We switched clinics - had to, really, as our first Dr decided to cut back to half-time (which is fine) and dropped all patients who hadn't seen him in the previous 6 months (which would have been... all right, annoying, but all right) and didn't let anyone know until/unless you called to make an appt (which ISN'T fine. at all!). So, we found a new Dr - he's great, never have had to wait more than 15 minutes even when we walk-in, and can always get an appt right away or the following day when I call

Like I said, with only one Ped in town (I mean for the whole area, the only other Peds are in the city, 3 hours away) we don't have the option to see him really. Especially since he takes no new patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Fwiw, I looked it up and I do need to take out that back cushion thing. So thanks.

What a pain
But atleast DH agrees that it's a frustrating part of the seat cause he's gonna have to reinstall it after I dismantle the whole thing just to get that piece off.
Yeah... unfortunately it looks like that's a total uninstall seat - take off padding - reinstall seat, job! Well, for the FF one anyways - the RF one you should be able to do without uninstalling it!
I'd remove the pillow and harness covers for the FF one, too - but I don't think that requires much work? Unless the covers don't velcro on/off - then I'd make sure to do it while taking off the padding. 2 birds, 1 stone and all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Lol, I'd love some spring too, but then I might actually have to remove the old nail polish that's been there for months

Midwife appt today. Babies are doing well. I managed to gain a bit of weight, bp is awesome, and my home visit is scheduled I just have to make it to the 18th, although I'm hoping for a bit longer than that. Both babies are head down, and at least baby A looks like she's not moving for sure U/s tomorrow to check on growth, but my midwife said they feel like they've grown a lot. I feel like they have!
For some reason my toenails I have kept painted nearly all winter - which is kinda silly cuz noone sees them cuz we're wearing socks and shoes outside of the house! Maybe it's an optimistic thing for me - spring is coming, must be prepared!

Sounds like a great appt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post
Not random at all, that's what this thread is for!
for you - that's gotta be a bit easier to handle.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #106
andrea020611
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
This baby needs to drop. Seriously. I can't breathe. I constantly feel like someone is standing on my chest.
Ugh, I hate the feeling like I can't get a good breath. I find it worst in the afternoon after being stuck in my desk chair most of the day. I try and lie on my side on the couch in the evenings and I feel soooo much better then.

We still need to buy an infant bucket seat, and I realized this week that DD is outgrowing her Britax Marathon in height. She only weighs 23 pounds but she's tall (34 inches) and her head is getting pretty close to within one inch of the top of the seat. I'd love to keep her rearfacing for another year, which I guess means we will need to buy a radian - I wish I had bought one in the first place rather than wasting money on the Britax that she has only been in for a year.

I have a midwife appointment this afternoon and she wants to send a urine sample off to the lab to check and see if I have an infection. Baby is still sitting pretty high but I've been spending a lot of time in the bathroom and my back has been sore. I think it's just regular third trimester discomfort, but good to confirm I guess!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #107
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I was thinking that last night - most multiparas are always 1-2cm dilated. Not unusual at all. So that could be totally unrelated to the contractions, kwim?

When you install the seat - if you put it against the vehicle seat, both back and bottom, then push really hard into the seat like you're pushing it both back & down at the same time, kwim? I wonder if that would get it more upright, while leaving it all touching. I've never played with the myride before - thought about trying it for RF, but then if I only want it for RF and have taller babies, it's not really the best choice.
Yeah, that's what she said. Not at all concerned, just wanted to make sure baby was tolerating contractions, but everything looks good.

Not even close on the seat. The problem is the bottom of the seat of my car angles down towards the back instead of being mostly flat, KWIM? I do really like them RF but not so much FF. But they are in the car we drive less often so eh.

I think we'll be replacing them anyway. DH's car only fits 2 seats anyway, so we'll have the baby seat, and probably get the newer nautilus that doesn't have the slots, just the move up and down adjustment. He'll either be taking baby and DD2, or just DD1, so then that seat can be adjusted for either DD1 or DD2 easily.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #108
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ouch. Not sure what Hiccup's doing in there, or maybe it's positioning, but I'm getting those nice sharp jab-to-the-cervix pains every time I walk around today. Not so comfy, lol!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #109
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Went to the dr today. 34 weeks according to lmp, 34+5 according to my dates and 2 ultrasounds. Baby appeared head Down. Gained 18 Pds all together, measuring prefect on 34 weeks ,

Crazy to think in 2 weeks I get my cervix checked and the strepB test. Down to the nitty gritty !!!!!

Of course I forgot to get my hospital papers!!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #110
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Wow, how tall is she? My 2 year old is 39" or 40" so fairly tall, but luckily she has long legs and a shorter torso so she can still rear face for a bit longer in our Radian.
she's about 38in, but she's like her momma - she's all torso. So, we can't just go by the '40in' thing, we have to look at where her head hits at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post

I am officially down to working only one job now-a-days!!!!
yay! I am so glad for you! and most everything I post is random.. lol

Quote:
Yeah... unfortunately it looks like that's a total uninstall seat - take off padding - reinstall seat, job! Well, for the FF one anyways - the RF one you should be able to do without uninstalling it!
I'd remove the pillow and harness covers for the FF one, too - but I don't think that requires much work? Unless the covers don't velcro on/off - then I'd make sure to do it while taking off the padding. 2 birds, 1 stone and all that!
yeah.. I'm tempted to just cut the stupid thing off and throw it in the trash :P DD was never in that seat when the straps would have gone into the bottom 2 holes. I can't imagine a scenario where that would be necessary unless you started with a newborn in that seat, but we use a bucket.

the other carseat is completely different.. even though it's the same name. *shrug*

in other news.. I have no other news. its about 40 degrees out today and beautiful, so we took out DD's bike before naptime and rode to the park and it was wonderful. Now it's naptime and she's conked out - fresh air is the absolute best!

appt tomorrow. Pretty sure it'll be uneventful.